Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We play nice football, need a tad more killer instinct in front of goal, probably will all click at some point and we'll stuff someone 4 or 5, hopefully next Monday:rolleyes:

How many times have we heard this before??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It is very satisfying to see our team play in such a stylish accomplished way but also extremely frustrating.

Haven't we got any one who can take a decent free kick in front of goal ? 2 excellent chances to score - when did we last score from one ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So disappointing, Maupay and Trossard battled hard again to prove who is more useless

Specsavers are open during lockdown as an essential service!

Trossard was excellent, and Maupay great nuisance value.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well said Sheebo, we are a good team, not the finished product but still on the up and on a very good run.:clap2:

Indeed. But it’s the manner of the performances that is so pleasing. We never park the bud. We always try to play. We’re getting plaudits and compliments from everywhere. We had a testing spell, but we’re looking very good. There will always be bumps and people are fine to criticise constructively in my opinion at times, but let’s not forget who was in the opposition side we battered tonight. Same with Spurs. Same with Liverpool. Then the rest of Burnley - Fulham even have Lookman and RLC and we battered them too. Just enjoy it as (seriously) watching the likes of palace earlier, things could be so so so much worse.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
The point was, that we lack natural goalscorers.

We don't have a single one. That is the difference.

The point is, our chairman will not pay out for natural proven goal scorers, so we are where we are..:albion2:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The link play with our top three is top drawer apart from...that one thing...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The point is, our chairman will not pay out for natural proven goal scorers, so we are where we are..:albion2:

Blimey Neilbard are you switching your Ire away from Potts? :lolol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Indeed. But it’s the manner of the performances that is so pleasing. We never park the bud. We always try to play. We’re getting plaudits and compliments from everywhere. We had a testing spell, but we’re looking very good. There will always be bumps and people are fine to criticise constructively in my opinion at times, but let’s not forget who was in the opposition side we battered tonight. Same with Spurs. Same with Liverpool. Then the rest of Burnley - Fulham even have Lookman and RLC and we battered them too. Just enjoy it as (seriously) watching the likes of palace earlier, things could be so so so much worse.

We never park the Bud, glad about that otherwise loads of smashed glass on the pitch

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Six unbeaten. That will do for me. We look like a different side now from a couple of months ago.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will put it down to Martinez tonight. As far as I am concerned we were more in control tonight than any game this season

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
if you are going to put Maupay anywhere near Trossard on todays performance then you have zero credibility......Trossard had an above average game , Maupay is just painful to watch recently.

i'm not; and maupay does a lot more than take too many touches before shooting :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here