Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally agree I’m happy with a point. We didn’t do enough up front to get all 3

People can criticise the finishing, perhaps with some justification, but their keeper was and is class - and the FOOTBALL is remarkable. 1 goal conceded against Liverpool / Spurs / Villa amongst other big tests - in six games! I’m sorry, I’m not gonna put up with negativity tonight - we should be bloody proud lads and lasses!!!!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So disappointing, Maupay and Trossard battled hard again to prove who is more useless

You didn't watch the game then?
Trossard played well, his passing was good, link up play, movement spot on, only thing that let him down was finishing but he forced a couple of saves.
Maupay on the other hand was shit again. About time he was dropped.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's amazing how often all these good teams look really poor against us. It's almost like we are tactically better than them. I wish these commentators would give us some credit.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We were the better team by a mile and their keeper made some good saves.

People need to appreciate how far we have come since November/ December.

Our defence looks good, our midfield looks good we need to just get the ball forward quicker and crisper.

Also Potter needed to make that substitution 10 mins earlier.

What ever people say about Maupay's finishing his contribution by harrying the defence is immense.

the team look a LOT fitter....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Somebody IS going to get a thumping from us. With Lamptey back I think it will be Palace

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
If we can sign a quality striker and convince a few other of our forward players (Trossard and Mac Allister I'm looking at you) to score a few, we'll be pushing for Europe. Defence and midfield are so dominant at the moment against EVERYONE.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Good performance again another point, safety almost assured and we are hard to beat..............Sanchez definately broke covid rules tonight for leaving home unnecessarily ! Clinical striker is the missing link now.

Obviously a "top" striker would be nice but it's not like Neal missed loads of great chances tonight. We need to improve with our final ball and we'll score more with our existing forwards.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Martinez Sky MoM.

‘We came here to win.’ Says he.

Utter utter bollox I’m afraid.

They couldn’t have been more set-up for a draw if they tried.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Could of &/should of been more than a point. But a point further away from trouble

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, this post has made my poor Grammar Nazi's eyes bleed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We lacked the potency we have shown recently which was frustrating.
Six games unbeaten though...is that a record in the top division?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Trossard man of match for us, obviously their keeper overall

Yep - I’ve been a little critical of Tross before but that was an exemplary performance. I think he lost it once! And often had 2-3 on him. Outperformed Grealish tonight which is brilliant.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Défense solid despite being without Webster. Biss and Mac good. Gross looked very tired 2nd half and I thought Lallana might come on for him. Maupay frustrating. Tross inventive. We are missing March, balance looks a bit one sided

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here