Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Trossard like a different player, he'll win this for us!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Trossard is on fire so far this half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trossard playing really well, the Tottenham goal did him so much good confidence wise, this is like when he first signed (at last).

Maupay buzzes about but to me just struggles a little.

Think we’re doing well. If I remember rightly last season was the same, hopefully Villa don’t improve like last year.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Dunk is back to his best. I think we all rather forgot just how good he is earlier in the season. When he plays like this he looks TOP level.

Agree with this apart from "Looks Top level" anywhere near his best and he is top level,
At his best there are few that can touch him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Karbownik for Alzate on a yellow for me, to cause havoc down the left and put cash and Traore under pressure

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Alan Smith talking absolute shit all half.

Some comment about Villa getting back into it and the stats saying they'll be threatening soon??

wtf

0.03 xg

What stats are you looking at ALan??

Stealing a wage

He talks utter shit and has an adenoidal tone.

Not fit for purpose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brilliant performance but as is often the case, nothing to show for it.

I so want to beat this lot.

Clean sheet to show for it. Confidence. Yet another message to the watching millions that we’re decent. More respect earned... come on I’m being positive here :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think Lalanna for Mac could be the sub to make. He could unlock them and lovely time to score his first. Wonder if Smith we’ll bring on another midfielder.

Yeah Lallana adds something doesn't he? A little nuance. Mac has been wonderful recently but is struggling a bit against quite a heavyweight midfield.
Smith doesn't have a huge amount of options- i suspect his entire focus will be on how to get Grealish more involved.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Karbownik for Alzate on a yellow for me, to cause havoc down the left and put cash and Traore under pressure

Yup, we know that Grealish will be practicing his rolls and turf slapping during halftime.

D

Deleted member 2719

Exceptional first half, really.

We've made lots of chances, but none clear cut. We're up against one of the best defences in the league though.

But our defence also looks incredibly solid. Grealish or Watkins not getting a look in as of yet.

Outstanding performers for me this half are Trossard - some amazing actions on the ball. Veltman - very involved and part of our best moves tonight. Mac Allister - looking really quality.

Would be tempted to take off Alzate as that yellow card will be playing on his mind and/or at risk of becoming a red.

I think the key is, we are doing that tried and tested method. Play in their half.

Our defenders have had little to do, Sanchez is on his 4th cigar.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The scores the same but weve made the keeper work and Martinez has made a couple of decent saves. Sanchez has not had to make any yet. This team is different to the one earlier in the season. Defence is better, attacking is fluid and Mac, Biss are bossing the midfield. Villa are a good side. I dont see how they will be a lot better second half. Weve been first to the ball and kept Socky and Watkins quiet.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Karbownik for Alzate, other than that if keep it the same.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Trossard playing really well, the Tottenham goal did him so much good confidence wise, this is like when he first signed (at last).

Maupay buzzes about but to me just struggles a little.

Think we’re doing well. If I remember rightly last season was the same, hopefully Villa don’t improve like last year.

Maupay is so annoying, like a wasp at a picnic, it takes two defenders to keep him at bay. That allows us to have a spare man, we just have to learn to make use of it

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
We worked very hard this first have and gained plenty of time and space... Hope we don't tire out in the second half. Substitutions will be critical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here