Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Same old story. Well on top but no goals to show for it. With a young fit Zamora we would be top ten.

I’m trying not to go down the ‘same old story’ route as we look a totally different outfit to before. Way more solid and dominant everywhere. Mac miss was the one but their keeper also made some decent saves. That’s football - just really enjoying how dominant we’ve been but expect a Villa response!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Where would we be with a top striker this year. Got to be up there for best football we’ve ever played just can’t add the final finish.
After watching most teams now we are man for man as good as anyone outside the elite... until the positions that wins games

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The ball did not fall for us in the 1st half but Villa surely can’t remain lucky. All the deflections in the box falling to Villa men including Martinez. If we keep this up, something will go our way. Plenty of attacking options on the bench too. Might be Welbeck on at around 70mins?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Really good and solid dominant performance - didn’t think we’d be that in control. Really pleasing AGAIN!

Brilliant performance but as is often the case, nothing to show for it.

I so want to beat this lot.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I can't see Villa being that meek again in the second half. Also find it hard to see us scoring.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Boys have done great so far - we need to take these chances though, I can see the nightmare of sock boy getting one chance and sticking if away for a 1-0 sucker punch! I hope I am wrong.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dunk is back to his best. I think we all rather forgot just how good he is earlier in the season. When he plays like this he looks TOP level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Where would we be with a top striker this year. Got to be up there for best football we’ve ever played just can’t add the final finish.
After watching most teams now we are man for man as good as anyone outside the elite... until the positions that wins games

Exactly, just very little presence up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Decent.
Veltman has done great on Grealish. You have to be a VERY good player to get the better of Veltman and White- it's a very strong right side of defence.
Mac has struggled a bit today. But they play very narrow don't they. I don't like their style to be honest. VERY reliant on Grealish.
Let's see what Smith does at HT....

Think Lalanna for Mac could be the sub to make. He could unlock them and lovely time to score his first. Wonder if Smith we’ll bring on another midfielder.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Standard Brighton performance.

As ever we don't know if we'll convert one or two of these chances and/or well concede a crappy one.

Exciting second half coming up.

I think we need Burn as left wing back. Left footer not on a yellow card.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
MAC.gif

BURN.gif

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Alan Smith talking absolute shit all half.

Some comment about Villa getting back into it and the stats saying they'll be threatening soon??

wtf

0.03 xg

What stats are you looking at ALan??

Stealing a wage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here