Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well Smith is peeing me off finding really hard to give us any credit. Thought that was another great half just missing the goal our superiority deserves

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We don't seem to be attacking down the left much, if at all.

The more right footed players you have, the less you attack on the left side generally. Almost every team in the world attacks more to their right, you can see it on throw in statistics.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Excellent performance in the first half. Lots of creativity on the bench too with Lallana, Welbeck, Connolly all able to make a difference. Good start but expect Villa to be much better second half.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If this was a game of chess it would be check, check and check. We need to get into a check mate position and kill off the opposition.
I worry that we cannot sustain our pressure and end up being done by a killer punch. I know that’s a differ sport but it’s how I see it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Decent.
Veltman has done great on Grealish. You have to be a VERY good player to get the better of Veltman and White- it's a very strong right side of defence.
Mac has struggled a bit today. But they play very narrow don't they. I don't like their style to be honest. VERY reliant on Grealish.
Let's see what Smith does at HT....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Watching Veltman wind up sockboy for most of that half has been most amusing. It would be nice to see him and Watkins both sent off, both as cheaty as one another.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Grealish moaning to the ref again, what a ****ing prick.

If he doesn’t get in the game and have the ball for at least 10 mins of a half it’s obviously someone else’s fault - that’s the sock boy way!

larus

Good half.

Part of me thinks we’ll lose to them getting one bit of skill/luck.
The other part thinks we’ll eventually make something tell.

It’s not bad finishing IMO as, apart from the Mac Allister header, nothing else has been an easy chance missed.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Terrific performance so far. As good as the Spurs game, difference being we haven’t taken our chances.

Good save from Burns header though, and Tross was close. I would be tempted to put Connolly on for Maupay to add a bit of pace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here