Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
With Solly & Tariq chances would have been great... now I'm quite worried about Targett / Grealish and Cash / Traore. Cash is the best right back in England and Targett is pretty good in attack and with March/Lamptey injured they can go forward a lot more than otherwise.

why do you think cash is the best rb in the league, stiff competition, swanny?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Smith would have seen what Dyche did to us last week in the second half. Veltman & Burn were pushed back toward our goal with a high press on the flanks which seemed to pen us into our own half, then along with Groß & Biss being knackered and Ale Mac getting elbows elbows, it was back to the latter days of Hughton having to deal with constant pressure.

Karbo was picking up the ball and running with it against Leicester, he reminded me of Lamptey a bit. It’s very difficult to pin back a player like him with pace and skill, I’d love to see him LWB instead of Burn. As you say, Veltman will have to deal with Grealish.

Karbownik certainly looked a classy player across the pitch against top 4 Leicester. Would be quite happy to see him start again.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A classic 4-4-2 actually does look a good way to play us, as they can send everything wide and double-up on the wings. Without overlap on the flanks we then get matched up in midfield and forwards need to drop a little deeper. Villa do play 4 at the back, but don't have the classic wide men, they're more of a 4-3-3. But certainly expect Cash and Targett to overlap and cause problems. We need good possession in the centre and pull them narrow

I'm not sure I understand any of this but by god, it seems like you know what you're talking about, so on that basis .... I'm in!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
why do you think cash is the best rb in the league, stiff competition, swanny?

Stiff competition yes but I think he is just a complete player, no wonder Milan, Inter, Brighton and other decent clubs chased him in January last year. Especially defensively, few can compete with him in defending but he also got a nice right foot.

TAA is ****, he got a good right foot and thats it. Terrible defender. Loses 89% of headers, is always out of position, frequently loses the ball. Kloppmeister need to turn him into a winger or something.

Reece James is good, I think he is a bit underrated even. Very good defender, but he isnt Cash class in attack and also not as consistent.

Tariq got some decision making to work with but is obviously the one with the biggest potential.

Wan-Bissaka... good defensively but brings pretty much nothing in attack.

Walker-Peters, Semedo, Coufal, also good players but I think Cash is just a tiny bit better.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You know what, I've just booked my jab for Monday and right now I have absolutely no interest what so ever in football.
Maybe it will change though later.
No, definitely it will change later.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Stiff competition yes but I think he is just a complete player, no wonder Milan, Inter, Brighton and other decent clubs chased him in January last year. Especially defensively, few can compete with him in defending but he also got a nice right foot.

TAA is ****, he got a good right foot and thats it. Terrible defender. Loses 89% of headers, is always out of position, frequently loses the ball. Kloppmeister need to turn him into a winger or something.

Reece James is good, I think he is a bit underrated even. Very good defender, but he isnt Cash class in attack and also not as consistent.

Tariq got some decision making to work with but is obviously the one with the biggest potential.

Wan-Bissaka... good defensively but brings pretty much nothing in attack.

Walker-Peters, Semedo, Coufal, also good players but I think Cash is just a tiny bit better.

can't say i've seen much of cash, so i shall keep an eye out; kyle walker?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
You know what, I've just booked my jab for Monday and right now I have absolutely no interest what so ever in football.
Maybe it will change though later.
No, definitely it will change later.
Enjoy stuff until you get your jab (I had mine this morning ��), so enjoy the football today ����

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No Webster - Both Polish lads in squad - Poss Steele and Walton on bench - Welbs in squad

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
No Webster - Both Polish lads in squad - Poss Steele and Walton on bench - Welbs in squad

No chance there will be two keepers on the bench for a home game unless BBS [big Bobby Sanchez] is already carrying a knock and is a doubt, and even that is a very unwise selection.
I'm more interested to see if Lallana starts - I suspect he still doesn't have 90 competitive minutes in him yet.

D

Deleted member 2719

I like this a lot.

Come on the Albion.

There's no red there, there's no red there.......................................:ascarf:

Attachments

• Albion form.PNG
    Albion form.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 188

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No chance there will be two keepers on the bench for a home game unless BBS [big Bobby Sanchez] is already carrying a knock and is a doubt, and even that is a very unwise selection.
I'm more interested to see if Lallana starts - I suspect he still doesn't have 90 competitive minutes in him yet.

He’s in the squad

Brightonrock01

May 22, 2017
Augusta, Ga, USA
Potter is going to spring 2 or 3 surprises, imo. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two home debuts, and even a re-giggle in midfield.

Of course, I could be totally wrong - I have been with team selection almost every game!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Potter is going to spring 2 or 3 surprises, imo. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two home debuts, and even a re-giggle in midfield.

Of course, I could be totally wrong - I have been with team selection almost every game!!

Potter has managed to bamboozle oppo managers in most games this season so I will be surprised if he doesn't throw a curve ball in both in players and tactics.
The performance of some of the players against Leicester will give me no cause to worry about it.
We have a strong squad even with our injuries, but we need to follow the 3 rules.
Concentrate from start to finish
Take the chances created
Don't make supid mistakes around the box.
We will be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here