Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread *** - KO Delayed Until 3:30

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Our success so far this season has come from our teamwork but something has gone wrong in the last two games. We seem very passive and the buck for that must stop at Potter.
I don’t think that Burn going and Bissouma knowing he will be has helped.
I’m amazed that we haven’t given Caicedo a go. At least he’d be up for it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's a bit frustrating, but as I'm sure we're all thinking - it's only a game. Indeed far, far worse stuff is going on elsewhere right now...

But it doesn't change the fact that a bit of light in the black would be a nice thing for us all. The minimum requirement was to get something from this game, following the very poor display against Burnley. I don't know what's wrong, but since Spurs in the cup we've looked incredibly brittle, and susceptible to very soft goals, which at any level is a sure fire route to defeat, especially combined with our inability to score (most weeks) - well it's all looking a bit (or a lot) flat.

It's such a shame as we looked like we might finish in our best ever spot, but if we've been found out then we're going to have to find a way to grind something out and get as close to 40 points as possible - otherwise we could fall quickly and end up fighting for survival - yet again.

Right now, I'd take even a late goal as a sign there is hope we've not packed up and left for the beach at a criminally and dangerously perilous time.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Honestly, play some of the youngsters. Can't do much worse, and might help for next season. Try Roberts at CB rather than Cucurella.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Zero shots on target, we’re diabolical at home.

Telegraphed passes round the back by the dozen.

Counter attacking teams (most the PL) just patiently wait with cigars out, then pick us off.

Possession based football without searing pace in the forwards, is it all that?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Something is not right somewhere.

The drop in form is stark and nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.

Agree. Burn and Ashworth have changed the mood. Webster out is massive too particularly with Dunk being poor. Trossard hasn't doen anything for a cople of months too which isn't helping.

I'm not worried though. It's better than last week. If Webser is back we get a point or 3 next weekend. We were good enough to be top 10 but will finish 12th or 13th.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A shot on target! :albion2:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
whole team is off again like V Burnley. It's like out mentality was shattered with the Man U defeat. Too many players thinking we have made it. Trossard looking shite again

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Bissouma gets a £30m bid from Aston Villa and suddenly he's shit and doesn't want to run anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here