Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread *** - KO Delayed Until 3:30

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Right. I'm gonna say it - Dunk slows us down too much.

IMHO if you don’t have Burn, Webster and White in this team you don’t have the kind of players Potter ideally wants. They’re the progressive players. We miss them all hugely and Dunk, legend that he is and undoubtedly excellent defender, just doesn’t have the skill set to make up for those players.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I'm working on a petition to double the height of the goals, so please sign when ready. I know Bissouma and Mac Allister will.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Pathetic shooting yet again.
We really need a coach who can teach professional footballers how to actually get a shot on target.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
IMHO if you don’t have Burn, Webster and White in this team you don’t have the kind of players Potter ideally wants. They’re the progressive players. We miss them all hugely and Dunk, legend that he is and undoubtedly excellent defender, just doesn’t have the skill set to make up for those players.

Total rubbish. It’s the other end of the pitch you need to worry about.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bissouma looks as if he doesn't give a damn. Get him off.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Just not incisive enough again.

We look so much better when we move at pace but just too slow and pretty. Sadly we just don’t look like scoring.

Personally think the ref lost control of that towards the end of the half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Quite tetchy with arms all a kimbo. Ref needs to watch out for their players getting a bit slappy....though we're not blameless either. This fixture seems to be turning into one where composure goes out the window

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not a terrible half, lot better than last week. Their midfield is dirty good though, should perhaps try to play past it rather than through it a bit more.

Ramsey looks quite a player. So strong and dynamic.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Decent start, some poor finishing as per, not a lot of quality. Confidence seems a touch low. Trossard and Maupay up front not connecting. I think he'll bring on Welbeck for March, put Welbz and Maups up front and have Trossard in the space to take away McGinn or Ramsay to allow Moder to push on. That's what I'd do.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What did you think?

Following the game via Radio Sussex and Sky Sports News (and via NSC). So, no visuals then. - but if it was hit hard and fast (which reportedly it was) - and went in off the post (which reportedly it also was) - I imagine it would have taken a worldy for a GK to get anywhere near it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bissouma looks as if he doesn't give a damn. Get him off.

Lost his form and confidence or can't be bothered anymore?
If it is the latter then surely Potter and the staff would know this and would not pick him.
Nobody wants a player on the pitch who does not want to play, the club and the fans.
Either way it's hugely frustrating especially as Dan Burn is playing like a £50m Player at the moment.
Apart from all this something has gone badly wrong in the past couple of weeks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Telegraphed passing by numbers miles away from their goal.

Zero threat through the middle. Gerrard has again rope-a-doped us down blind alleys.

Cringy potshots to row Z by all and sundry.

Trossard, Lamptey & MacA given no space to launch runs.

Ref out of depth.

Praying for a rare Albion Amex performance, in the second half.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Following the game via Radio Sussex and Sky Sports News (and via NSC). So, no visuals then. - but if it was hit hard and fast (which reportedly it was) - and went in off the post (which reportedly it also was) - I imagine it would have taken a worldy for a GK to get anywhere near it.

Came straight towards me I knew it was a goal just after he hit it, wasn't going to be saved

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here