Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal ***** Pre-match Thread ****

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone know if the game is category A police wise? I'd like to have a few outside the Harvey's stall.

Well I thought a Cat A game meant no out side entertainment however there is a band so I assume there will be beer as well

Pre-match for me watching Mini playing at 11:00 AM in Littlehampton

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Well I thought a Cat A game meant no out side entertainment however there is a band so I assume there will be beer as well

Pre-match for me watching Mini playing at 11:00 AM in Littlehampton

I hope so, dicks bar que takes ages by the time I get there and it seems for an Adult to drink in Seven Stars you need to have a child with you to witness your drinking. So a couple outside in mild weather should be a decent alternative to the concourses.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope so, dicks bar que takes ages by the time I get there and it seems fit an Adult to drink in Seven Stars you need to have a child with you to witness your drinking so a couple outside in mild weather should be a decent alternative to the concourses.

Seven Stars is not open pre-match according to the club web site

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Seven Stars is not open pre-match according to the club web site

I'm not sure what's going on with that place at the moment. It used to be that you could get in there without a kid with you. Now the Neanderthal that operates the door thinks you can only get in with a child and turns any adults without a kid away. The thing is, it's not exactly monkey world in there! There's nothing for kids except a sweets stand. I used to meet my uncle there pre match as we sit in different areas. But the last 3 home games we've been told it's for family's with kids only. Strange that you need a child with you as a pass to be able to get in a pub. Sends out entirely the wrong message to me. Anyway, I suppose with this daft policy the club thought it's too close to the arsenal fans. So Harvey's stall it is!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Crikey. Only 2 short years since we could put a team like this out:

Ankergren
Greer (Dicker - 37' )
El-Abd
Calderon
Bridge
Hammond
David Lopez
Bridcutt
Buckley (LuaLua - 46' )
Barnes
Ulloa (Mackail-Smith - 73' )

Arguably, only Ankers and El-Abd wouldn't walk straight into our current best 11, and 5 of that side are now playing Premiership football :down:

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I'm not sure what's going on with that place at the moment. It used to be that you could get in there without a kid with you. Now the Neanderthal that operates the door thinks you can only get in with a child and turns any adults without a kid away. The thing is, it's not exactly monkey world in there! There's nothing for kids except a sweets stand. I used to meet my uncle there pre match as we sit in different areas. But the last 3 home games we've been told it's for family's with kids only. Strange that you need a child with you as a pass to be able to get in a pub. Sends out entirely the wrong message to me. Anyway, I suppose with this daft policy the club thought it's too close to the arsenal fans. So Harvey's stall it is!

The theory is that as adults you have the option to go into Dicks bar as kids are not allowed in there, so the Seven Stars is the only option for those, like me, with kids in tow. I used to go in there for a nice Heineken in a real glass but even with the kids we dont seem to get in there now if we arrive after 130pm.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The theory is that as adults you have the option to go into Dicks bar as kids are not allowed in there, so the Seven Stars is the only option for those, like me, with kids in tow. I used to go in there for a nice Heineken in a real glass but even with the kids we dont seem to get in there now if we arrive after 130pm.

Yes I get that, kids are allowed in. The point being that they seem to have changed the policy, from allowing kids in and giving priority to families to insisting you can only get in with kids. As it's a sports bar and not a play area with ball pit and slides, there is no logic. It's just a bar, nothing for kids really. I know when I've bought my daughters with me and how bored they get because there's nothing in there for them. It's all irrelevant for arsenal, but it's just daft is all.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Ankergren
Greer (Dicker - 37' )
El-Abd
Calderon
Bridge
Hammond
David Lopez
Bridcutt
Buckley (LuaLua - 46' )
Barnes

Arguably, only Ankers and El-Abd wouldn't walk straight into our current best 11, and 5 of that side are now playing Premiership football :down:

I wouldn't have Lopez over March or Hammond over Ince.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Count the stars

Popular view is that Arsenal are highly technical in midfield and their players are not bigger than ours. Seems a case for Ince and O'Grady to start. What is not so good is that Holla and McCourt played for reserves when we lost 0-4. They may be a bit quicker than us though in the middle of the park.

Maybe our team will be

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Greer Bennett
Calderón Holla
Ince
Forster-Caskey Teixeira
O'Grady​

Subs: Walton, Colunga, Baldock, Hughes, March, Mackail-Smith, Halford

I don't want to start the Official Match Day thread. The starter can cut out the work involved by cutting and pasting from
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-Arsenal-*****-Official-Match-Day-Thread-****

Count the stars though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Ankergren
Greer (Dicker - 37' )
El-Abd
Calderon
Bridge
Hammond
David Lopez
Bridcutt
Buckley (LuaLua - 46' )
Barnes

With Bruno and Dunk, our defence is slightly stronger. What we haven't got is speed and skill going forward. (The absence of Lualua and Buckley mostly.)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes I get that, kids are allowed in. The point being that they seem to have changed the policy, from allowing kids in and giving priority to families to insisting you can only get in with kids. As it's a sports bar and not a play area with ball pit and slides, there is no logic. It's just a bar, nothing for kids really. I know when I've bought my daughters with me and how bored they get because there's nothing in there for them. It's all irrelevant for arsenal, but it's just daft is all.

It's been like that since it reopened as the Seven Stars. Presumably the logic was that, as people attending the game with kids weren't permitted to take them into Dick's, this would at least give them the option to have a drink somewhere other than the concourse, with the offspring in tow. It was never meant to be a Wacky Warehouse, just another (sports) bar. Your kids are presumably no more or less bored in the bar than they would be in the concourse (unless they put on entertainment in the concourse that I'm not aware of).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Serious question sorry cant find it but is the game on Sky and what channel, need to find somewhere in South Africa to put it on
Cheers

It's on BT sport, not Sky. No idea if you can get that in SA :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here