[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The sort of game where you want us to change something? Just hope
our kids are up to it?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Second goal could have easily been prevented. Two arse players unmarked on the edge of our penalty area. Mitoma, Llalana and Trossard ballwatching. I thought we would be going toe-to-toe but not to be.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Disappointing first half.

Fell asleep for the early goal, which set the tone for the rest of it. Has to go down as a Lamptey error I'm afraid.

Second goal was somewhat fortuitous... but not particularly undeserved or against the run of play though.

Tonight is demonstrating why Caicedo, Mac Allister and Welbz are massive absences from the squad. Would be a different game with them in the side.

We're not playing badly... but we're playing a top side tonight, without key players.

Trossard is not particularly effective in this role. Perhaps even wasted. Needs a rethink IMO.

Can't see anything other than an Arsenal win tonight. We need an early goal to stay in this... but I'm not optimistic.

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Massively missing the 2 main guys in pivot. Odegard on half turn is killing us.
Rest is ok…… but we do need a number 9.
I know, I know….. but we do need a number 9.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are not even competing!
Get real.
Absolutely no threat on their goal.

As to your ridiculous comment about being new, how many times have we come back from 0.2 in the PL against top 4 teams?
I think you must be new to expect a different outcome.
Liverpool at Anfield last year was a memorable one.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We’ve been totally schooled so far.

Difficult to take many positives from that as the majority of the side have looked poor and we are massively missing Caicedo and Mac Allister but I do think Gilmour has done ok.

Trossard, Lallana, Dunk and Estupinan particularly really need to step it up second half.

Arsenal are a seriously good side though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've already said there will be a late game equaliser. Never doubt my footy knowledge.
If we DO manage to score, I'll be off this messageboard for a month. So no dry January on the forum then.......I'd be back on Wednesday 1st February 2023.

How's that for a bet?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think we're doing ok.

Both goals were very lucky. A slowish start but we've basically matched them. Sanchez nothing really to do other than pick two spawny goals out

We're badly in need of a striker. Some sort of presence up front. Wide men all doing well, but little to aim for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here