[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Lamptey in to deal with the pace of Arsenal’s attack and gives Veltman a bit of recovery time to come back for Everton.
This game should test Tariq’s defensive capability.
Lamptey to get in behind Zinchenko. He leaves that left side wide open and RDZ is betting he’ll play and not Tierney (much better defender but not that great as the inverted midfielder that Zinchenko is).

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Highlights the need for one or two additions in January. It’s not not like those out injured are a big surprise given their record.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Had this with Chelsea game, club resold my ticket but a Chelsea fan had it
The good thing is I had the pleasure of sitting next to a pair of day trippers in the west upper in that game. Their misery compounded my joy. They were decent to be fair but were unceremoniously waved off after 80 mins

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Oh, FFS...

Attachments

• 16725050558958788694944032296202.jpg
    16725050558958788694944032296202.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 88

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Very happy with that team. We could well get mullered. But if its an open game, no team are going to enjoy Solly/Lamptey and Perv/ Mitoma overloads for 90 minutes.

A lot rests on young Gilmour here as our swashbuckling normally has Moises and Mac protecting it. Could genuinely go any way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our bench is unbelievably light today. Worrying especially with a game in a few days.
That's four of our promising youngsters who've had no - or hardly any - PL experience written off then? I very much hope one or two of them will get a bit of game time - excting!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No sign of Undav not even made the bench??
Some glaring gaps in all areas, including on the bench - it’s looking worryingly like a Cup team - we’re going to need some creativity to get through Arsenal’s defence - Billy G really needs to step up to this one.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
So that will be 5 strikers on loan !
Maybe buy one ready for the first team next time

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Understand Lamptey for Veltman totally. Martinelli is so dangerous and a crucial part of this Arsenal team, this will hopefully push him back a bit and give him more to think about defensively.

Big opportunity for Gilmour tonight and a massive job for him and Gross up against Odegaard who is just class.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That's four of our promising youngsters who've had no - or hardly any - PL experience written off then? I very much hope one or two of them will get a bit of game time - excting!
Not written off no. But you don’t have to be a football genius to realise that with games coming think and fast meaning more injuries and us playing a team 5 points clear at the top of the league having more experienced options to help see out or turn a game around is clearly and obviously preferable to a bench with almost literally no first team starts (Veltman aside)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Our bench is unbelievably light today. Worrying especially with a game in a few days.
My thoughts exactly. (Hopefully Welbeck is close to fit, Websters just a bit of a porcelain sick note)

I don't follow Arse, but starting Lamptey suggests we're going for it In a Keegan/NEwcastle stylee.

Veltman later in the game for full bore shithousery on a matte black canvas. Ferguson could do a job if Tross is still in strop mode . . . Enciso and Sarmiento are both capable, although not shown it consistently . . . . Most important is Gross and Lallanalanalanalana sure up midfield with Golmour doing his bit, we know he's capable but not seen it in stripes yet.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
That's four of our promising youngsters who've had no - or hardly any - PL experience written off then? I very much hope one or two of them will get a bit of game time - excting! Hinshelwood
Not written off no. But you don’t have to be a football genius to realise that with games coming think and fast meaning more injuries and us playing a team 5 points clear at the top of the league having more experienced options to help see out or turn a game around is clearly and obviously preferable to a bench with almost literally no first team starts (Veltman aside)
Hinshelwood s inclusion , a case of next man up ?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I'm not optimistic about this.

Can't fault DZ for the lineup... but Caicedo, Mac Allister, and Welbz in particular are massive absences.

Huge night for Gilmour. This could be the biggest night of his career so far, as it is an opportunity to earn him a decent run in the first XI.

Also a big night for Lamptey... He's been decent for us, but not quite lived up to the expectation assigned to him following his explosive start for the club. Tonight is a good chance to show that he's up to playing at the very highest level - and again earn him a decent run in the first XI.

Looking forward to this. Predicting it will be a thrilling competitive game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports