Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
If there's no Biss we surely need to put an extra man in midfield. If Palace's chumps could get on top of us pretty easily then the Arsenal midfield will have a field day. I'd go:

Sanchez

Veltman
Duffy
Dunk
Cucurella

Lallana
Moder
Gross

Trossard
Maupay
March

I like the look of this. Welbeck not fit might make this decision easier but we certainly need to bolster the CM area.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Usually I’m glass half full but I feel like today is just a game too far in regards to how many first teamers we have out injured. I fear a long afternoon to be honest and a bit of a doing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
People still watch soccer am ???

I tuned in for the first time in ages because of the Potter interview. Thought Helen Chamberlin had let herself go a bit over lockdown, but then realised it was Jimmy Bullard.

The interview with Potter was pretty good, he’s a very humble guy with his feet firmly on the ground. Described himself as bang average as a player. Wayne Bridge cleaned his boots at Southampton but he quickly realised Bridge was going to be a very special player. Says he takes each day as it comes and doesn’t worry about the future, in talking about being 6th he says it’s a good start but that’s all it is, just a start. Said it’s a good feeling to be talked up by Pep when he’s one of the best managers in the game. Said he missed dressing room pranks since he’s become a manager but can still have a laugh and a joke with the players.

When he started out as a manager he’d have laughed at anyone suggesting he’d be managing in the PL in 10 years. Soccer AM interviewer even went as far to suggest he could be managing England in a few years but he wouldn’t be drawn on talking about that but did seem flattered by the idea.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep. Without Biss, Welbeck and Webster it will take some sort of miracle to get anything from today.

Expecting a loss today. Just hope it isn't a battering.

Really is frustrating that Biss is probably out again after being taken off seemingly as precautionary. As I said elsewhere, only at BHA :rolleyes:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I tuned in for the first time in ages because of the Potter interview. Thought Helen Chamberlin had let herself go a bit over lockdown, but then realised it was Jimmy Bullard.

The interview with Potter was pretty good, he’s a very humble guy with his feet firmly on the ground. Described himself as bang average as a player. Wayne Bridge cleaned his boots at Southampton but he quickly realised Bridge was going to be a very special player. Says he takes each day as it comes and doesn’t worry about the future, in talking about being 6th he says it’s a good start but that’s all it is, just a start. Said it’s a good feeling to be talked up by Pep when he’s one of the best managers in the game. Said he missed dressing room pranks since he’s become a manager but can still have a laugh and a joke with the players.

When he started out as a manager he’d have laughed at anyone suggesting he’d be managing in the PL in 10 years. Soccer AM interviewer even went as far to suggest he could be managing England in a few years but he wouldn’t be drawn on talking about that but did seem flattered by the idea.

This

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
A bad couple of days for our teams. Under 23 losing yesterday, the women's team losing today, and Under 18s currently getting stuffed by Villa. Looks like it's up to Dunk and the lads to get things back on track this evening. Fully expect a good win for Albion now.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Where did you see the start quote ?

He said feature I think

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

From the Argus…..

His father Holger last night told radio reporters in Ecuador he expects him to make his senior Premier League debut when the Gunners visit the Amex later today.

Holger Sarmiento’s comments suggested he believed his son would START the game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Sounds good, I was watching our women get ripped by Chelsea. Personally think my old Sunday league team played better football :lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Err. Are you 100% confident the game is actually going to take place this afternoon? Rain is predicted to get much heavier than it is .. and it;s already p******* down

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is it official no Biss???

51dc82a36cb1158704db27178ca8c6fe.jpg ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Honestly, Since when did a game get called off due to heavy rain :D

I can’t think of one, of the top of my wobbly head.

I suppose every time it rains enough so that the pitch can't drain it away. It's not happened at the Amex so far as i'm sure the drainage is good, but I'm not counting it out from happening today. In my mind, it's about 10% chance. I'm sure there will be postponements elsewhere

Postponement would be great for us.

We need to buy time to get some players back. I don't think we should be pulling out the stops to get the game on

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I suppose every time it rains enough so that the pitch can't drain it away. It's not happened at the Amex so far as i'm sure the drainage is good, but I'm not counting it out from happening today. In my mind, it's about 10% chance. I'm sure there will be postponements elsewhere

Postponement would be great for us.

We need to buy time to get some players back. I don't think we should be pulling out the stops to get the game on

Park pitches will still be playable at the moment.

Id quite like the club to pull out the stops to get the game on thanks - looking forward to it, injuries or no injuries. Aside from looking forward to the game, wtf else is there to do in this weather at short notice!
Not that it's in doubt, anyway

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think given their form they’ll beat us. But a lot depends on Biss. If we do lose I hope our fans still appreciate our terrific start and the fact we’re playing a club who have literally thrown over £100mil at their squad this Summer - let alone how much the rest of the squad cost. Free hit still for me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sounds good, I was watching our women get ripped by Chelsea.

I saw the second half - Chelsea's third goal was rather similar to our equlaliser on Monday, Kirby passed instead of shooting.

Only saw that one half but Chelsea were so much better - the gap in women's football seems to be bigger than the one in men's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here