Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Is it right that if Lewis Dunk gets another yellow he gets a two game ban? And that the deadline is after the Leicester game?
If that is the case would we consider 'resting' him on Tuesday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are you watching MoTD? Clear grab.

Just seen it.

The original BT angle didn't show his right hand going round. It looked nothing more than a barge with Maupay making a meal of things.

The BBC angle shows the full picture.

He'll be in a little bother for that.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just seen it.

The original BT angle didn't show his right hand going round. It looked nothing more than a barge with Maupay making a meal of things.

The BBC angle shows the full picture.

He'll be in a little bother for that.

I suspect he will. And the thing is, no-one seriously thinks Maupay did much wrong either. Pearce said 'meagre contact', everyone else of note has basically said 'one of those things'. Looks more like the keeper trying not to take the ball out of the box and landing awkwardly to me. Really odd thing for them to get so worked up about.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect he will. And the thing is, no-one seriously thinks Maupay did much wrong either. Pearce said 'meagre contact', everyone else of note has basically said 'one of those things'. Looks more like the keeper trying not to take the ball out of the box and landing awkwardly to me. Really odd thing for them to get so worked up about.

Is anyone getting worked up?

Oh.....

https://twitter.com/benbhafc/status/1274394486534266880?s=21

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if already covered, but don't the new rules permit up to five subs in up to three breaks?

Does HT not count or something?!

March 45min, Montoya/Connolly 71min, Stephen 87min, Mac Allisterat 90+4'min

Surely the whole point of the “do your subs in 3 lots” idea is to stop a manager endlessly breaking up play/time wasting near the end by making 4/5 subs, one every few minutes. Making a sub at half time doesn’t waste any time.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Great result, though undeserved, should have been 2 down at half time. Influential players like McAllister should be starting. I would rather be defending a lead after 75mins than clutching at straws. Grateful for the 3 unexpected points, but boy did we ride our luck. Yes, you could say we were rusty after not playing for so long, though it did look like normal service resumed to me. We should keep watching the win over Spurs to show us what can actually be acheived with effort. That said, great result and timed to perfection, football gods smiling on us today for a change. Running total update; I owe REMF £30 and happy with that, 2 more scrappy wins and it will be £90. :albion2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Great result, though undeserved, should have been 2 down at half time. Influential players like McAllister should be starting. I would rather be defending a lead after 75mins than clutching at straws. Grateful for the 3 unexpected points, but boy did we ride our luck. Yes, you could say we were rusty after not playing for so long, though it did look like normal service resumed to me. We should keep watching the win over Spurs to show us what can actually be acheived with effort. That said, great result and timed to perfection, football gods smiling on us today for a change. Running total update; I owe REMF £30 and happy with that, 2 more scrappy wins and it will be £90. :albion2:
For a multi million assembled team I thought Arsenal looked very average tbh. A couple of efforts one good individual goal from Pepe and that was about it.

We played a short corner of the training ground for the first goal, and probably the best move of the game for the winner.
:shrug:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
For a multi million assembled team I thought Arsenal looked very average tbh. A couple of efforts one good individual goal from Pepe and that was about it.

We played a short corner of the training ground for the first goal, and probably the best move of the game for the winner.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the fact that arsenal had already played a game before yesterday. That was always going to have an effect on the first half. Second I thought we were much better.

We've played well in so many games this season and not won through bad luck and or not taking chances. We bloody deserved that luck yesterday!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Is it right that if Lewis Dunk gets another yellow he gets a two game ban? And that the deadline is after the Leicester game?
If that is the case would we consider 'resting' him on Tuesday.
Deadline is after 32 games, so after ManU.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

... and Arsenal's sub goalie made the two best saves of the match from shots by Mooy and Maupay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here