Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Not yet convinced by Dahoud, but thought Adringa was good. Buonanotte - less so. Baleba - excellent!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Really believe Buonanotte would profit from a loan as he just doesn't at this moment in time look PL ready.
Match was a game of two halves and think we were lucky not to concede more. If I was a plucky supporter would come away thinking that they were unlucky

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Funny isn't it. Before RDZ there's was always the usual moan about there never being a Plan B when we went 1-0 down or breaking a low block. Yes the first half was poor, RDZ admits it, but he went to Plan B at half time, then after 60/65 mins ramped it up to Plan C and we won fairly comfortably in the end. He's performing educated experiments with the team based on seeing the players day in day out and the opposition, as we have a glut of games and not the hugest of squads. This rotation means those new signings not used to the Premier League will get minutes and experience, that'll benefit us hugely in the second half of the season, as players are swapped in and out seamlessly, but it does take time. It'll work perfectly sometimes like United. It'll struggle and we'll lose like AEK and it'll start poorly and come out smelling of roses in other games like today. All part of the fun.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Roberto de Zerbi

"We played the worst game in my time. In two or three situations we were lucky. It is the first time we have played after a European game. We have to get used to playing a lot of games in a row. I changed a lot of players because we need to give one game on the bench for the players. We can't lose a player like Pascal Gross or Lewis Dunk the last game. We have to adapt. We didn't play well but showed character."

"We spoke at half time and that the attitude was not enough. We have to push more and attack more with intensity and be stronger."

"Mitoma is a great player for us but today we suffer without March. Gross is a unique player for us and to lose him is very tough. For new players it is tough to play with the same qualities of other players."
This is what makes him a great manager. A 3-1 win is not acceptable if the team has not performed well and wins by luck. Its the same determined approach that had Tossard throwing a tantrum because although he was playing well he was underperforming. Love the man.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just woke up, great result and points.
I saw the error of my ways and promptly went to bed after we went 1 goal down.
You can thank me later.
Don't fancy going to bed at 7.30pm next Sat though !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going by the stats, apart from the goals, the teams performed very similarly.
Both even had 4 shots each on target, glad more of ours went in !

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Blimey. Were you sat behind me today shouting 'launch it' at Bart?

Look forward to coming back to this in a month or so when everyone's creaming themselves about these players.

Remember enciso, the forest Green vintage?
It’s all tongue in cheek and knee jerk off plenty of beers . Let’s hope they produce

And no , wouldn’t ever get on players backs in the ground

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
when Traore was waiting to com on, RDZ goes up and gives him a hug. (played at Sassuolo ... which I had to look up). I love this care he has for his former players. I noticed he did this with Solomon last season. not sure I've noticed other managers doing this - though I don't watch too many non-Brighton games.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
when Traore was waiting to com on, RDZ goes up and gives him a hug. (played at Sassuolo ... which I had to look up). I love this care he has for his former players. I noticed he did this with Solomon last season. not sure I've noticed other managers doing this - though I don't watch too many non-Brighton games.

Same with Mudryk.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Can the buonotte experiment end now . Looks Dogshit every time he plays

Also dahoud - not up to it
Totally the little flick by Dahood to put Matoma in for his first goal clearly not good enough, No clearly he is good enough and as for Benuotte I wonder why Argentina keep picking him they must be really desperate when was the last time they won anything anyway

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is misfiring a little at the moment but it’s encouraging that we can pretty well change the majority of the team from match to match and still be competitive.

I was doing a Roger Moore eyebrow raise at commentators suggesting during the first half yesterday that we were tired from our match against AEK on Thursday. Especially when they know we changed 9 players, how does that work? Do you get knackered watching from the bench then? :rolleyes:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Funny isn't it. Before RDZ there's was always the usual moan about there never being a Plan B when we went 1-0 down or breaking a low block. Yes the first half was poor, RDZ admits it, but he went to Plan B at half time, then after 60/65 mins ramped it up to Plan C and we won fairly comfortably in the end. He's performing educated experiments with the team based on seeing the players day in day out and the opposition, as we have a glut of games and not the hugest of squads. This rotation means those new signings not used to the Premier League will get minutes and experience, that'll benefit us hugely in the second half of the season, as players are swapped in and out seamlessly, but it does take time. It'll work perfectly sometimes like United. It'll struggle and we'll lose like AEK and it'll start poorly and come out smelling of roses in other games like today. All part of the fun.
I found myself thinking yesterday about the Plan B stuff, and I don’t think I have ever had my mojo shift so much during a game. On 45 minutes I was sitting there thinking “we’re going to lose this, bl00dy Bournemouth.” Then we equalise and, after 16 seconds of the second half.
then Mitoma’s second. From my seat up in WSU I was directly in line with the flight of the header and knew it was going in as soon as he hit it! Terrific.

PS: although I wouldn’t consider myself much of an analyst, i did find myself thinking Ferguson and Buonanotte are not very effective, I think I would change them at half time……. And he did.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It is misfiring a little at the moment but it’s encouraging that we can pretty well change the majority of the team from match to match and still be competitive.

I was doing a Roger Moore eyebrow raise at commentators suggesting during the first half yesterday that we were tired from our match against AEK on Thursday. Especially when they know we changed 9 players, how does that work? Do you get knackered watching from the bench then? :rolleyes:
It was day earlier, but Newcastle just about coped after their European game (away)...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yesterday was my first game at the Amex since Hughtons final game in charge down there. I was honestly wondering why I had bothered going as it was so poor and boring in the first half - especially when I was watching the keeper stand motionless for about 30 seconds with the ball just sat at his feet.
But the 2nd half made up for it - so much better, and so good to see a manager who has the balls to change things up when its not working, instead of waiting to make like-for-like changes on 60 mins every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here