Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
AEK and Bournemouth were ideal opponents for RDZ to try out different player combinations and positions to see which ones clicked. He'll have a much better idea of who to play when and where after this week. We wondered about the nearly infinite permutations at his disposal -- it's good too scratch a few off the list. I think he'll eventually settle on 2 or 3 stable starting line-ups depending on the oppo.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
To paraphrase Sven-Göran Eriksson, first half not so good, second half good.

First half, probably the most torpid 45 minutes of football for a long time. Buonanotte not ready to be starting and we lacked any real inspiration. Feared it was going to be a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' following Thursday. Got lucky with the own goal to go in level at the right time.

Second half. Immediate impact from Mitoma which set the tone. Baleba looked a wee powerhouse when he came on. Look forward to seeing more of him.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Not sure what the game plan was in the first half. Both Dunk and Webster were narrower than normal, Bournemouth were able to cut off passes to both and Gimour/Dahoud easily. This left only passes long or straight into player on edge of centre circle.

Fortunately we have a great coach who can analyse where things aren’t right and make tactical changes at half time or during game if necessary.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Phew! After that poor 1st half we finally got going. Some sloppy passing again 1st half and muff surprised me with their play. They certainly nullified our passing out from the back just like WH and AEK managed to do. Evan was struggling up top, this maybe due to his illness last week and I'm glad he was taken off at HT for Mitoma, and what an immediate impact he had. A cracking goal which put muff on the back foot. Our defence looked suspect in parts today, this could be due to the chopping and changing over the last few games but the Europa League will dictate the changes. Up to 3rd is fabulous after 6 game in. Roll on Wednesday to win at dispirited Chelsea in the League Cup with another 6 or 7 changes in the team. :albion2:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Made it look easier that we deserved, but I knew we'd win. :)
I'm glad you did - not sure we would have had it not been for that late late own goal in the first half. It changed the whole game and atmosphere and MItoma's brilliant early early second half goal killed them off.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto de Zerbi

"We played the worst game in my time. In two or three situations we were lucky. It is the first time we have played after a European game. We have to get used to playing a lot of games in a row. I changed a lot of players because we need to give one game on the bench for the players. We can't lose a player like Pascal Gross or Lewis Dunk the last game. We have to adapt. We didn't play well but showed character."

"We spoke at half time and that the attitude was not enough. We have to push more and attack more with intensity and be stronger."

"Mitoma is a great player for us but today we suffer without March. Gross is a unique player for us and to lose him is very tough. For new players it is tough to play with the same qualities of other players."

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Roberto de Zerbi

"We played the worst game in my time. In two or three situations we were lucky. It is the first time we have played after a European game. We have to get used to playing a lot of games in a row. I changed a lot of players because we need to give one game on the bench for the players. We can't lose a player like Pascal Gross or Lewis Dunk the last game. We have to adapt. We didn't play well but showed character."

"We spoke at half time and that the attitude was not enough. We have to push more and attack more with intensity and be stronger."

"Mitoma is a great player for us but today we suffer without March. Gross is a unique player for us and to lose him is very tough. For new players it is tough to play with the same qualities of other players."
He doesn't mess around or mince his words does he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here