Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How very kind of you to share your germs with your fellow supporters.
Maybe train or bus, certainly concourse and seats - all likely very close to other people.
Will you be wearing a face-mask?

#stayathome?
#getwellsoon
As it happens, yes. To protect others from certain death, I was the one wearing the mask today. I also sat in my draughty seat over 1 hour before KO so as not to contaminate the concourse.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Huge 3 points, grounding out results against teams that stick 11 on the line has never been our forté but we got there in the end. Wasn't pretty, but f*** it.

Surprised how unambitious Bournemouth were, time-wasting and slowing the game down at every opportunity. Nearly worked though, so can't knock it I guess.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Like others I was bemused by the amount of chants sung about how quiet and shit our support is.

One wonders how happy their support is on the trains home with no points.

I'm quietly happy about our three.
To be fair, the support was pretty shite.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was 100% a handball, seen them given. It was not in the same incident as the other claimed penalty against Pervis
It was deliberately kicked at his hand because he moved his hand backwards to avoid contact. I also saw it on the replays on the concourse. His hand was down by his side in a natural position. The Bournemouth player was cheating by kicking the ball to his hand to force a penalty.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Like others I was bemused by the amount of chants sung about how quiet and shit our support is.

One wonders how happy their support is on the trains home with no points.

I'm quietly happy about our three.
A pair of Bournemouth yoof one in a pink hat chanting
Bournemouth til I die and where were you when you were shit
Whilst joining the train queues
Were Extremely confused when I responded with Withdean
More than likely too young to have visited Stade de Withdean

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, the morning after, 3 points secured, onwards and upwards.

But with Lallana and Mac Allister out, what do we think of not starting Caicedo, and not bringing him on at half time?

Obviously I trust the manager, but it feels like we got away with one.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
So, the morning after, 3 points secured, onwards and upwards.

But with Lallana and Mac Allister out, what do we think of not starting Caicedo, and not bringing him on at half time?

Obviously I trust the manager, but it feels like we got away with one.
My totally wild speculation is that, the manager probably wanted to see what kind of reception Moises would get, also what type of message it sends bringing him straight back. You'd think that Undav and Gilmour are top trainers always knocking on the door metaphorically speaking and that with Mac out and Moises on the bench a qualified risk was to give them some time. When you've got a squad you need to manage the humans in it. Sometimes you just have to accept the risks.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My totally wild speculation is that, the manager probably wanted to see what kind of reception Moises would get, also what type of message it sends bringing him straight back. You'd think that Undav and Gilmour are top trainers always knocking on the door metaphorically speaking and that with Mac out and Moises on the bench a qualified risk was to give them some time. When you've got a squad you need to manage the humans in it. Sometimes you just have to accept the risks.
Yeah I agree that you need to give others a chance, but then that's why I thought he could still have come on before he did. If we're hoping for Europe, we can't afford to throw points away for points of principle.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Yeah I agree that you need to give others a chance, but then that's why I thought he could still have come on before he did. If we're hoping for Europe, we can't afford to throw points away for points of principle.
Yeah I suppose only the manager can tell whether ot was tactical or human or whatever. I suspect there won't be too much tinkering when everyone's fit. I was more annoyed at Solly playing more centrally. We missed his one on ones and as much as lamptey is quick he doesn't make the full back look like he wants to cry as much as solly and mitoma on either side.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Absolutely this. Especially with the Boogate episode being totally blown out of the water, he had no idea how we'd react.

Singing the Caicedo song whilst he warmed up was brilliant. Caicedo really appreciated it and gave the fans s clap. Think that's part of what RDZ was looking for as could have shot to pieces the young mans confidence which wouldn't have been good for the rest of the season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Singing the Caicedo song whilst he warmed up was brilliant. Caicedo really appreciated it and gave the fans s clap.
are you sure it wasn’t Offiah ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here