Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Hang on... Just one centre half??

Think we're absolutely going for this one then...

Edit: Just spotted Veltman. BBC had him in midfield for some reason... think they're having as much of a hard time of working out the formation as I am.
They have Lamptey Veltman and Gross all mixed up

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Interesting message being sent I think re Moises. Earn your place back.

Also I wonder with the potential low block whether he feels this is a good game for Billy to see if he can play the slide rule passes through to the forwards .
Very interesting side

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Move Lampity to right back Gross to midfield Veltman to Center back and that’s an ok line up

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We can speculate why he's on the bench. I doubt it's to earn his place back though.

Could be because he missed a few training sessions he's not 100%.

I reckon it's so that he can be subbed on to a great reception by our fans.
I don’t think the manager cares enough about that to potentially sacrifice a result. I think he has benched him out of principal and he will be brought on in the second half - but not for the same reasons you think.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
We can speculate why he's on the bench. I doubt it's to earn his place back though.

Could be because he missed a few training sessions he's not 100%.

I reckon it's so that he can be subbed on to a great reception by our fans.
He has been training since Wednesday and missed less than a week's training. I can't see why he would not be match fit. Even if you were worried he would not last the match, surely you would start him, and then sub him after 65 minutes or so

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
I don’t think the manager cares enough about that to potentially sacrifice a result. I think he has benched him out of principal and he will be brought on in the second half - but not for the same reasons you think.
The official word from RDZ is that Moises missed a couple of training sessions and isn't 100%. Also he said wanted to see Billy start. But who knows how true that is.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not according to the BBC
Do you honestly think we are playing Lamptey at centre back? They often mess up the positions. All they get is a team sheet and then some intern puts them in positions on their template.

Half the time the formations are completely wrong as they have no idea how teams will line up until the match starts.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I don't usually pay much attention to substitutes. Is this the first time for a while we've seen Offiah? Has he been injured?
I remember being impressed by him in the past, in cup games and under 23's. So it's nice to see he's still in the mix.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Worried about the midfield. Not starting Caicedo when Mac Allister is suspended seems needlessly risky to me.

However, RDZ is a respected professional coach and I’m just some… git. Best to just trust him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The official word from RDZ is that Moises missed a couple of training sessions and isn't 100%. Also he said wanted to see Billy start. But who knows how true that is.
Didn’t he miss literally one training session, which would’ve been the Saturday before the Liverpool game when it’s probably fairly light and a bit of a run through?

Him being dropped to bench is probably more a case of RDZ stamping his authority over things.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
That formation is making a big statement. Caicedo is avail
Didn’t he miss literally one training session, which would’ve been the Saturday before the Liverpool game when when it’s probably fairly light and a bit of a run through?

Him being dropped to bench is probably more a case of RDZ stamping his authority over things.
I read it like that as well. What a sub to bring on if things are not going well though.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Worried about the midfield. Not starting Caicedo when Mac Allister is suspended seems needlessly risky to me.

However, RDZ is a respected professional coach and I’m just some… git. Best to just trust him.
Yeah, I’d have thought Caicedo, Gilmour and Gross forward a bit would be a bit stronger. The two didn’t work against Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here