[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Ajax *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Quite a few funny accents in the home end.

No idea which sport this chap thinks he’s come to see but he looks disappointed.

IMG_7613.jpeg

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
How long was it since Ajax last touched the ball in the build up to that goal? It felt like the keeper picking it out of the net was their first touch in a good few minutes.

Ok - I guess the keeper did save the first shot to set up the rebound. So that.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Another half like that and I'll have to get my trousers off with a toffee Hammer. Totally in control, good atmosphere, brilliant stuff.

Their number 9 seems to only exist to try and draw fouls/yellows. Absolute prick, both the bookings looked ridiculous and he should've obviously been booked for launching the ball at the ground then kicking it away. JP has pocketed him so far.

Milner handling Bergwijn very well so far, they're obviously targeting him.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
How come we're still behind AEK, am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231026_205346_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231026_205346_Chrome.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 49

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Ajax really are poor, they're playing for a draw... or were playing for a draw! I'm not sure if they have the nous to take the game to us and I can actually see a clean sheet in this plus a couple more goals.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Although we nicked a goal, not sure we really deserved it, but I will take it. Again Pedro touch as been awful, thank good his pace gets him out of jail at times. Gilmore and Milner are buzzing about.
We might need to take Hecke off, as he is still tugging on shirts with a yellow to his name. Hopefully we will freshen it up if we dont look a little bit lively second half. We really need that extra goal or two.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Anybody got any ideas what's going on here? Thought it may be just my app, but BBC site is the same.

As stands right now, we're level on points with AEK our GD is 0 and there's is -1, we're 1 goal better and yet they're showing in 2nd and us third?

Normally GD is always the first differential, is it head to head before GD in europa? Is AEK beating us above GD?

Screenshot_20231026_204925_FotMob.jpg
Screenshot_20231026_205125_Chrome.jpg

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
How come we're still behind AEK, am I missing something?
Europa League tiebreakers are a bit weird, which to be honest, I was unaware of until just now:

1. Points in head-to-head matches among the tied teams;
  2. Goal difference in head-to-head matches among the tied teams;
  3. Goals scored in head-to-head matches among the tied teams;
  4. If more than two teams were tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams were still tied, all head-to-head criteria above were reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
  5. Goal difference in all group matches;
  6. Goals scored in all group matches;
  7. Away goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Wins in all group matches;
  9. Away wins in all group matches;
  10. Disciplinary points (direct red card = 3 points; double yellow card = 3 points; single yellow card = 1 point);
  11. UEFA club coefficient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports