[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Ajax *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Love the fact that loads of posters seemingly know better than RDZ when it comes to Milner. Yes, he had a bad game, but he's obviously starting (if that's correct) for a reason.

I hope he plays a blinder.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Seeing a lot of people online saying the Amex crowd need to be the '12th man' tonight.

But why are fans only ever the 12th man?

Given that having 12 players would break the rules anyway, why not make the fans the 16th or 17th man instead? Hell, let's make it 22.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It sounds like their third choice keeper is likely to start. According to Wikipedia, he’s only played 3 first team matches in his whole career.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I think any right back would have been shredded by Doku at the Etihad.
Milner had very little help and was left one on one repeatedly.

Every time Mitoma received the ball he was doubled up on with Walker and Gvardiol or Rodri stopping him.
Milner had a very tough day at City and was made to look shite, but we are going to need his experience and leadership over the next few weeks.
This 👍 Even @jackalbion - who was directly behind me at City and was screaming (in my ear 😂) at Milner most of first half admitted Milner needed more support and was only playing as instructed by RdZ.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It sounds like their third choice keeper is likely to start. According to Wikipedia, he’s only played 3 first team matches in his whole career.
He's now second choice I think .... He's leapfrogged the 42 year old ponytail guy they had previously as second choice 😭. Former German under 20 keeper so i suspect he's not terrible

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Copied from a post last night from someone with 109 followers. Got to be legit then (tbf poster called the Chelsea lineup correctly)

It's random he's saying duffus on the bench. So I'm gonna believe it. Milner kind of makes sense , zerbi has been hinting at it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's now second choice I think .... He's leapfrogged the 42 year old ponytail guy they had previously as second choice 😭. Former German under 20 keeper so i suspect he's not terrible
Rulli, the first choice, is injured until December. Gorter has been playing but got injured on Sunday so it will be between Ramaj (young with no experience) or Pasveer (39 years old).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rulli, the first choice, is injured until December. Gorter has been playing but got injured on Sunday so it will be between Ramaj (young with no experience) or Pasveer (39 years old).
Ahhh ok. Rulli good keeper glad he's out.

Still suprised they're picking the rookie over ponytail pasveer.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I see that the two lines men are Marco Zürcher and Benjamin Zürcher I wonder if they are brothersand if so is it the first time a Brighton game would have had a pair of brother officiating

A quick Google search also shows that the referee and both linos for tonight seem to frequently officiate games together

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
So, obviously, one or the other will play an absolute blinder tonight.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Milner has played far more games at LB in his career than Igor. RDZ sees them every day in training - obviously thinks Milner is a safer bet there.

Their RW is Borges, not as good as Doku but just as rapid...

LB cover in Jan has to be a priority.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Didn't that young fella at Palace make his first team debut against Brighton last season? He seemed to do OK...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lets get back to winning ways by smashing Ajax tonight*.

Or sneaking a win.

Either way, lets get a win.

Please.

* Not a sentence I ever thought I'd be writing.**

** The smashing Ajax part, not the getting back to winning ways. That's a fairly standard wish for me over the past 35 years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Copied from a post last night from someone with 109 followers. Got to be legit then (tbf poster called the Chelsea lineup correctly)

Noticed that too.

It's a weird account for sure but then we had half a season of Chris Hughton's team being revealed, much to the advantage of opposing teams by an ITK on here and it wasn't exactly a user account from the MSM.

Josh Dufus exists though. It's not a comedy wind up name. Only 18 but has 4 goals and 3 assists from 8 U21 games this season. Would be very RDZ.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Noticed that too.

It's a weird account for sure but then we had half a season of Chris Hughton's team being revealed, much to the advantage of opposing teams by an ITK on here and it wasn't exactly a user account from the MSM.

Josh Dufus exists though. It's not a comedy wind up name. Only 18 but has 4 goals and 3 assists from 8 U21 games this season. Would be very RDZ.
No goals this season !! All goals in the under 18s last season I believe. And he's a kind of a bitpart player for the under 23s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports