[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Ajax *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Going to be a long day. Absolutely huge game tonight I cannot wait. Our season is in need of a restart and what an opportunity to build on that second half against City. The Albion v Ajax, bloody Ajax, still trying to get my head around it to be honest. That we are favourites for this game seems remarkable to me.

I'll be looking for a great atmosphere off the pitch but on the pitch some cool heads playing the game and not the occasion. I'm not getting carried away with our favoured status in this game, AEK put paid to any thoughts of complacency in this competition. We need to start positively and play without the fear we showed in the first half not only in Marseilles, but in Manchester last Saturday.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another 'Falmer Stadium' game with Heineken, Hancook, Enterprise & Just Eat taking over the Amex. No GOSBTS entrance (played at 7:45), no fan zone and a different play list.
Luckily Harveys will still be there along with Piglets. Plus coaches leave early after the game as away fans get a lock-in.
Let's have a light show post match, meaning a win.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I still can't get used to seeing 'Brighton v Ajax'. Mind you, it took me three seasons to get used to the fact that playing Man U, Liverpool and the north London clubs were regular league fixtures instead of a weird dream.

Saying that, if Milner really is starting, then I will be heading to the pub even earlier than I planned :drink: :shootself

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I still can't get used to seeing 'Brighton v Ajax'. Mind you, it took me three seasons to get used to the fact that playing Man U, Liverpool and the north London clubs were regular league fixtures instead of a weird dream.

Saying that, if Milner really is starting, then I will be heading to the pub even earlier than I planned :drink: :shootself
You not see the Press Con..hes in goal

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see that the two lines men are Marco Zürcher and Benjamin Zürcher I wonder if they are brothersand if so is it the first time a Brighton game would have had a pair of brother officiating
Twins, apparently

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think any right back would have been shredded by Doku at the Etihad.
Milner had very little help and was left one on one repeatedly.

Every time Mitoma received the ball he was doubled up on with Walker and Gvardiol or Rodri stopping him.
Milner had a very tough day at City and was made to look shite, but we are going to need his experience and leadership over the next few weeks.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Only dawned on me 72 hours ago that it’s my wedding anniversary today.

Thankfully not a significant one.

Table booked for Saturday night and I’m hoping the flowers, chocolate and Prosecco being delivered shortly will take the edge off! At least I won’t be hungry or thirsty when things kicks orrrf.
Although you will also have flowers for your grave...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Milner will be left back I’m guessing. If so, he’s likely to be up against former Man City youngster Carlos Borges who is very pacey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports