[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Ajax *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Feels like a very low key build up so far from both teams for what is a big game. Both nervous after poor runs of form. Really feel like them having a caretaker manager for this game is bad for us as he is indicating he will go ultra defensive (which is very unajax like)

A big gamble if your team is not drilled Dyche/Allardyce/Hodgson style to defend deep, week in and week out.

If we score 1st they are ****ed.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Feels like a very low key build up so far from both teams for what is a big game. Both nervous after poor runs of form. Really feel like them having a caretaker manager for this game is bad for us as he is indicating he will go ultra defensive (which is very unajax like)
Yep, I have been reading some comments from Ajax fans and they want to be ultra-defensive - preferring a 5-3-2 or 4-5-1 formation.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Only dawned on me 72 hours ago that it’s my wedding anniversary today.

Thankfully not a significant one.

Table booked for Saturday night and I’m hoping the flowers, chocolate and Prosecco being delivered shortly will take the edge off! At least I won’t be hungry or thirsty when things kicks orrrf.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I will be also watching the other match in our group, Marseille vs AEK Athens which starts at 17:45 today.

I think the best outcome would be a draw, so that if we win we will finish second by the end of today and only one point behind the leaders, AEK.

EDIT: Just realised that if two teams are tied on points in the group, it is decided by their head-to-head games before goal difference.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I see that the two lines men are Marco Zürcher and Benjamin Zürcher I wonder if they are brothersand if so is it the first time a Brighton game would have had a pair of brother officiating

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
When the draw was made the home game I was really excited about made even better by Ladbrokes im in a lounge tonight

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Only dawned on me 72 hours ago that it’s my wedding anniversary today.

Thankfully not a significant one.

Table booked for Saturday night and I’m hoping the flowers, chocolate and Prosecco being delivered shortly will take the edge off! At least I won’t be hungry or thirsty when things kicks orrrf.
At least you put some thought into that gift 🤣

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If recent performances are anything to go by, it's best to start watching from the second half......it's not worth the blood pressure to be put through that angst.
I'll be watching from the start BTW:)

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I will be also watching the other match in our group, Marseille vs AEK Athens which starts at 17:45 today.

I think the best outcome would be a draw, so that if we win we will finish second by the end of today and only one point behind the leaders, AEK.

EDIT: Just realised that if two teams are tied on points in the group, it is decided by their head-to-head games before goal difference.
Bugger that for a lark, I want us to smash this lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports