Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AEK Athens *** Official Match Thread ***

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Very heavy rain in Crawley, forecast is atrocious for Brighton later. Having driven down to Sussex from Bristol yesterday evening through very heavy storms the whole way - is there a risk of this having to be abandoned? I’m sure the pitch drainage can deal with some amount of rain, but how much would need to be coming in for it to become a problem?
I don't remember any matches being abandoned at the Amex for a waterlogged pitch. So I guess it would have to be a proper spot of weather for UEFA to want this called off

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Very heavy rain in Crawley, forecast is atrocious for Brighton later. Having driven down to Sussex from Bristol yesterday evening through very heavy storms the whole way - is there a risk of this having to be abandoned? I’m sure the pitch drainage can deal with some amount of rain, but how much would need to be coming in for it to become a problem?
…Tim?

Joking aside I think it would have to be absolutely atrocious rain to call off completely. It looks like its gonna be a wet one though!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Abandon the match? Don't be so wet.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Palpable sense of excitement across the playground at the kids school pickup just now. Genuinely feels more than a bit different today.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
No way a game is getting called off for rain these days on world class pitches.

Unless the weather was a threat to those in attendance, like a thunderstorm or extreme rainfall it will go ahead.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Quite nice in Falmer at the moment, so no need to worry about waterlogged pitch.

Apparently a special in the North Stand today is chicken gyros.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Forecast doesn't look that bad to me...

A chance of a thunderstorm, but not huge amounts of rain. Hard to say for sure with thundery showers of course, but anyone worrying about it being too bad to play should relax :)

Attachments

• IMG_0079.png
    IMG_0079.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 53

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Travelling back to Sussex from working in London and there's a good smattering of Brighton tops and scarves around Clapham and East Croydon. Certainly more than I've seen for other midweek games. Exciting.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Doesn't look like there will be a significant amount of rain until the match has finished? The train queue might be a bit grim.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The weather isn't that bad currently?

Blue skies across Brighton & Hove with a few white clouds - the true colours 🔵⚪

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry, I forgot about the pedantry on NSC for a moment!
The underlying chalk of the Sussex downs allows for sharp drainage of any supercell precipitation :thumbsup:
Doesn’t affect the pitch though….it’s kind of ‘suspended‘ and hollow underneath so the water runs straight though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Liverpool make 11 changes. I doubt we will be so bold!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here