Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AEK Athens *** Official Match Thread ***

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play to AEK they've done a number on us tonight and not really had to work for it. That's both the frustrating thing and what gives me hope. We cut out the mistakes we win.

If only all the team had Gross’s shooting boots

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
No matter what the outcome RDZ got this wrong. This wasn’t the match to start a youngster and a debutant in centre defence. Not their fault but it’s showed.

Fati has been miles off it as well.

He’s also been let down by unusually poor performances from Estupinan and Mitoma.

Such a shame.
How many times have we all said this about lineups and gone on to eat our words. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but won't help us here. Losing Dunks captaincy has been a massive hit. It's worrying no one has been able to step up in his absence though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fati looks way, way off. Lovely technical ability, but he looks way off. Doesn't look remotely like a ten to me.
i cant believe he stayed on while Pedro off.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Fati looks way, way off. Lovely technical ability, but he looks way off. Doesn't look remotely like a ten to me.
think he’s okay much better with someone like ferguson, who can drag the centre backs towards the six yard area. pedro and welbeck are great players but they don’t do that

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
i cant believe he stayed on while Pedro off.

think he’s okay much better with someone like ferguson, who can drag the centre backs towards the six yard area. pedro and welbeck are great players but they don’t do that
Compare the two though. Our first ever European game isn't the time to bed in a player who both isn't ours and hasn't been particularly great for two seasons.
JP constantly made things happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here