Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Erm, I think you two missed the satire. It's a comment on the extremes the fans go to: A couple of losses and we're the worst and slade should go; a win and we're the best and slade is a genius.
You call it satire, I call it sarcasm...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Erm, I think you two missed the satire. It's a comment on the extremes the fans go to: A couple of losses and we're the worst and slade should go; a win and we're the best and slade is a genius.

BHA = Bipolar Hove Albion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to be fair, it was an appalling game played by two not very good teams at all made all the more dreadful by possibly the worst referee I have ever seen.

Can't argue with 3 points though

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Acker my comment was tongue-in-cheek!:p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
to be fair, it was an appalling game played by two not very good teams at all made all the more dreadful by possibly the worst referee I have ever seen.

Can't argue with 3 points though

Poor game due to the opposition having no ambition at all. Once we twigged that playing the ball on the ground was the better option we looked more potent.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
First half was dire couldn't wait for it to end, second half wasn't much better. Wycombe were awful and if we hadn't have won would have been very worried. Ref was a shambles all started from the first free kick after about 30 seconds and he just carried on it that vain

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Two ways of looking at it. Either a win is a win or the win does not hide yet another abysmal performance. Given the money we have spent in comparrisson to Wycombe, our performance was just not good enough.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sort of kind of glad we didn't win 5-0 a la Yeovil last year heralding a return to magnificent winning ways and a stride towards Premiership football and ruling the universe. And then Walsall and Swindon happened. At least this sort of performance - even with a win against a poor opponent - still tells us we've got work to do.

That said, I thought we pulled a few patterns of play out of the bag, especially down the left in the first half and it was good to see the ball staying - mostly - near the ground. In summary, cautiously promising methinks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ref was a shambles all started from the first free kick after about 30 seconds and he just carried on it that vain

Started when he made Kuipers change his socks but then why not make him change his shorts and why did he and his assistants wear the same colour shorts and socks as Wycombe. Absolute rubbish but it was suggested on Radio Sussex he was being assessed today.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Started when he made Kuipers change his socks but then why not make him change his shorts and why did he and his assistants wear the same colour shorts and socks as Wycombe. Absolute rubbish but it was suggested on Radio Sussex he was being assessed today.

Agree the ref was poor and how come our player was booked for kicking the ball away but their player was not? As for the free kick for time wasting at the end, well it would not have been given against Liverpool or Man U that's for sure. However whilst the ref was poor, so were the albion players

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It was the first game for my little boy...poor fella. Have to say the first half was indeed dire and second had it it moments from about 16:40 onward. Some of the new players do look good though, but Wycombe are no benchmark and I'm still not convinced we look anything more than a team that will be in a relegation dog fight next spring.

It was the first game for my little boy...poor fella.

Don't worry about it, you have done the most important thing that a Dad can do for his son. Not only have you introduced him to BHA, you took him to a crap game. Not only will he thank you for it in the future, he will brag about how bad the game was to his mates.

The first game I took my son to was 20 years ago and it was a crap 0-0 with Portsmouth. I thought I was a child abuser but he thought it was great and became a fan and will be for the rest of his life. Why? Because with a start like that he doesn't have any unrealistic ambitions or hopes or aspirations. He still remembers that game with Portsmouth and sees anything better in a positive light.

I pity these fans who first get the bug when we are winning things, it doesn't prepare them for the realities of watching the Albion.

How awful to start out supporting a team at the top. What do you have to look forward? The best you can hope for is to stay where you are - and it will come as a huge shock if the team slips from the top. Give me a team like the Albion every time. OK you have to put up with a lot of crap but the highs are worth the agonies of the lows. You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here