Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Leeds United *** Official Match Thread ***

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Tentative first half and all out in the second, still think 0-0 though.
I will be snoring when they play but will set alarm to catch the result, bad fan!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
3-0 , had to come back to Czech urgently so missed this one , off to bar now to get 'langered' , i can at only .80p a pint :) and watch the game later in a bar . Come on you super Seagulls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 7
Leeds United wins - 6
Draws - 4
Brighton goals - 20
Leeds United goals - 20

League Results at Brighton (all time)
English League Championship

23.09.2011 Brighton 3-3 Leeds United
English League One
21.11.2009 Brighton 0-3 Leeds United
17.01.2009 Brighton 0-2 Leeds United
20.10.2007 Brighton 0-1 Leeds United
English League Championship
14.01.2006 Brighton 2-1 Leeds United
23.10.2004 Brighton 1-0 Leeds United
English Division Two (old)
21.04.1990 Brighton 2-2 Leeds United
01.10.1988 Brighton 2-1 Leeds United
09.05.1987 Brighton 0-1 Leeds United
04.09.1985 Brighton 0-1 Leeds United
20.04.1985 Brighton 1-1 Leeds United
24.03.1984 Brighton 3-0 Leeds United
English Division One (old)
02.03.1982 Brighton 1-0 Leeds United
02.05.1981 Brighton 2-0 Leeds United
13.10.1979 Brighton 0-0 Leeds United
English Division Two (old)
22.08.1961 Brighton 1-3 Leeds United
24.09.1960 Brighton 2-1 Leeds United

Last Season
Brighton 3-3 Leeds United
Att: 20,646
Possession: 58% - 42%
Shots on: 7 - 7
Corners: 6 - 2
Fouls: 8 - 18
Yellows: 5 - 5
Reds: 0 - 0
Scorers: Mackail-Smith (47, 84) Barnes (60 pen) - Keogh (18) McCormack (24, 90+1:54)

Head-to-head
• Six goals were shared in last season's corresponding fixture, with a brace each for Brighton's Craig Mackail-Smith and Ross McCormack of Leeds.
• The Seagulls' 2-1 win at Elland Road in their most recent clash in February, ended a seven-match winless league sequence against Leeds.
• The Yorkshire club are vying for a fourth win in five visits to Brighton.
Brighton
• Brighton have slipped from top to 10th after picking up just three points out of 18, and are chasing a first win in seven Championship outings.
• The Seagulls have not registered a maximum since completing five in a row with a 2-1 triumph at Millwall on 22 September.
• Gus Poyet, a former assistant manager at Leeds, is in charge of the only club in the Football League whose "goals conceded" column is still in single figures; nine in 13. But they have also failed to score in an unequalled six Championship matches.
Leeds United
• Leeds are one place below Brighton at 11th, with an identical record of five wins, four draws and four defeats.
• Saturday's 1-0 home loss to Birmingham was their first defeat in seven league games, although Neil Warnock's men have only won one of five.
• There is yet to be more than a single goal margin in a league game involving Leeds this season.
• They have mounted fewer goal attempts than any other club in the division, but 58% of their 112 efforts have been on target, which is the highest proportion.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For me, the team MUST be this;

KUSZCZAK
BRUNO GREER EL-ABD BRIDGE
BRIDCUTT CROFTS
BUCKLEY DOBBIE ORLANDI
MACKAIL-SMITH​

Totally agree with you there .... I'm not holding my breath though and can already hear my groans as I look at the screens at 7.15 or so

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes, I know it will never happen, but I would love to see us try 4-1-2-1-2

------------------Kuszczak---------------------

Bruno--------Greer---------El-Abd---------Bridge

-------------------Bridcutt---------------------

Buckley----------------------------------Orlandi

-------------------Dobbie----------------------

---------CMS---------------Barnes-------------

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Leeds: who are they?

Old history. For the first ten times I was an Albion active supporter we did not lose against Leeds, winning seven before the dire period. Now we are back to good times, I hope our good run to continue. I never thought of them as awesome opponents, usually thought of as one of the easier games we were expected to win.

Head To Head Brighton Hove Albion Vs Leeds United - Brighton & Hove Albion FC - BHA

As Gus says, the game is up to us. I think we have enough danger on the left to cause them trouble and if Buckley is roaming down the right, one of his crosses should produce a goal, but more likely on the ground. Even with Crofts being heavily marked against Blackpool, he still produced a goal. We have got to keep hold of the ball and not keep losing possession.

I think Leeds might hoof it from defence (especially from their keeper), so although it is tempting to put Hammond in midfield, I think this is being negative and we ought go for Orlandi instead.

I think Leeds might play a bit of a spoiling game restricting us space. It will be more like the Ipswich game. I expect Becchio to make a thorough nuisance of himself. My forecast is 2-1 to the Albion.

Someone asked what was the difference between the Mullery team and the current one. Muller's team were full of themselves and did not expect to lose and did not become downheartened. And the fans didn't either. I expect that was years of standing in the rain.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nothing but disappointment for Leeds in this one - 2-1 to the Albion (please, please let this one work out, I can't stand losing to Leeds)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I learn that mullers is not the only prodigal son returning tonight! Could be el classico

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Loving the colourful Leeds bench - Green, White, Brown and Gray!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's all a bit 'Reservoir Dogs'...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4-4-2 please.............do not set up with 3 midfielders. Bridcutt and crofts please with 2 wingers, go for the jugular from the off.

Do you not remember the first half of the game with Leeds last season? This was the first and only time Gus played with 2 wingers in the Championship from the start, and we got massively overrun in the first half... THIS is why he won't start with 2 wingers again...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
KUSZCZAK
BRUNO GREER EL-ABD BRIDGE
BRIDCUTT CROFTS
BUCKLEY ORLANDI
MACKAIL-SMITH BARNES

That side will win 3-2.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do you not remember the first half of the game with Leeds last season? This was the first and only time Gus played with 2 wingers in the Championship from the start, and we got massively overrun in the first half... THIS is why he won't start with 2 wingers again...

I totally DON'T buy this.

What has last season got to do with anything when we've since brought in two of the best wing-backs this division has ever seen? I'm sure our midfield can cope with just the four of them plus Bridge and Bruno in support. Time to unleash Barnes in the Shearer role. I go with Buckley wide right and Orlandi wide left.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Met Colin this morning in the Thistle. Came across quite nice and was pleasant unlike the clubs fans. Was looking forward to seeing the Amex as he has been told it is fantastic. I reassured him it was and that I hoped he went home empty handed. He smiled and we went our separate ways when we got out of the lift.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Only Cardiff play with two wingers nowadays. I don't hold with 4-4-2 at home. That's like watching a Capello team.

Orlandi and Buckley to start with Orlandi playing the interiore role ???

If we play 4-4-2 Capello style, Buckley could operate the Gerrard role, and if we had Vicente he could do this quite well.

Glenn Hoddle says Fabio Capellos 4-4-2 formation will never work | The Sun |Sport|Football But what does Hoddle know?

and just for the record, please tell me where Cardiff are in the league and what there home record is................................ I then rest my case. the system has not worked at home at all this season apart against Barnsley and they were plop. Teams have sussed us, time to change and make the others teams change, you can always revert back.

Edit. Forgot Sheff Wed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here