Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Fulham U23s Tonight Amex 19.00 K.O

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
You don't have to pre book, just turn up with season ticket and go to ticket office and they give you a paper ticket to get in :)

Dang. I work over the road too, could easily have gone. Oh well, I'll try and go next time at the Amex (which isn't for months though :()

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good effort although Fulham were a better footballing side. Instead of last week's aimless hoofball our long passes seemed to be aimed at someone tonight :lolol:
Agree Sanchez made one very good save and tried to command his box. Excellent distribution for a youngster. Thought Bjordal looked very good while Hutchinson can pass a ball and create things and I thought Ayinga showed he has more to his game than just being "a big unit"

I don't agree that Fulham were the better footballing side, we had 10 men for 70 mins, ofcourse they are largely going to dominate, that being said we were far more likely to score 2nd half than them, it was only the last 15 mins they really got on top when we started to get tired. A well deserved victory in my opinion. I thought both centre halfs were excellent for us.

A lovely taken goal, well worth a watch

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good effort although Fulham were a better footballing side. Instead of last week's aimless hoofball our long passes seemed to be aimed at someone tonight :lolol:
Agree Sanchez made one very good save and tried to command his box. Excellent distribution for a youngster. Thought Bjordal looked very good while Hutchinson can pass a ball and create things and I thought Ayinga showed he has more to his game than just being "a big unit"
Can't agree that Fulham were a better footballing side. They had the the extra man for most of the game, but rarely made it count. One dimensional in the second half with only a Plan A - get the ball wide to the right back who crossed, but we intercepted every time.
I really wanted to like Bjordal, but once we went down to 10 men, he struggled to hold the ball up and we looked more mobile when Tilley came on. Ayunga looke a bit raw to me.
Overall, I really enjoyed the evening. Shame the ref was conned by their No 11 who went down clutching his face after being chested in retaliation by Hornby trainset or whatever his name is, but he gave the ref an easy red card decision. Shame too to see the left back go off with a probable hammy.
Solly didn't push himself apart from 2 or 3 runs in the first half and looked what he is, a rehab in progress. Frankly we looked better balanced once he and Bjordal went off. But we rarely looked a man down. Sanchez looked a real prospect in goal. Hutchinson drilled in a couple of great crosses. To be honest, and I've only seen them once, they looked as I hoped for the most part. A strong group of players, playing in the first team style, and frankly better than Fulham throughout. Being a Development squad, I was delighted to hear Simon Rusk instructing his players throughout. For me, I'd say the future looks bright with no loan window this season.
P.S. Great win. I don't know how important the club regards winning over development but, as a fan, I loved it that we matched them for 75 minutes with 10 men, then grabbed a late winner. Showed how together the team is by how all 9 remaining outfield players piled on top of each to celebrate the goal.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't agree that Fulham were a better footballing side. They had the the extra man for most of the game, but rarely made it count. One dimensional in the second half with only a Plan A - get the ball wide to the right back who crossed, but we intercepted every time.
I really wanted to like Bjordal, but once we went down to 10 men, he struggled to hold the ball up and we looked more mobile when Tilley came on. Ayunga looke a bit raw to me.
Overall, I really enjoyed the evening. Shame the ref was conned by their No 11 who went down clutching his face after being chested in retaliation by Hornby trainset or whatever his name is, but he gave the ref an easy red card decision. Shame too to see the left back go off with a probable hammy.
Solly didn't push himself apart from 2 or 3 runs in the first half and looked what he is, a rehab in progress. Frankly we looked better balanced once he and Bjordal went off. But we rarely looked a man down. Sanchez looked a real prospect in goal. Hutchinson drilled in a couple of great crosses. To be honest, and I've only seen them once, they looked as I hoped for the most part. A strong group of players, playing in the first team style, and frankly better than Fulham throughout. Being a Development squad, I was delighted to hear Simon Rusk instructing his players throughout. For me, I'd say the future looks bright with no loan window this season.
P.S. Great win. I don't know how important the club regards winning over development but, as a fan, I loved it that we matched them for 75 minutes with 10 men, then grabbed a late winner. Showed how together the team is by how all 9 remaining outfield players piled on top of each to celebrate the goal.

Very good summary , it's a shame Cecil got sent off as he will miss tuesday nights clash now , looks like a very good prospect .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Very good summary , it's a shame Cecil got sent off as he will miss tuesday nights clash now , looks like a very good prospect .

No he won't (or if he does, it won't be due to suspension). At non-first team level, suspensions kick in 14 days after the event that triggered them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No he won't (or if he does, it won't be due to suspension). At non-first team level, suspensions kick in 14 days after the event that triggered them.

There's good news and bad news in there , good he can play , bad i know bugger all about football .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here