Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Cardiff City **** Official Match Thread ****

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
We have to get the Liverpool effect out of our system , we've been f***ed twice now after playing them

On the contrary, we've precisely avoided the Liverpool syndrome by picking up great points against Hull and Cardiff, a stonking 3-0 against Ipswich and remaining unbeaten.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
How negative were Cardiff tonight. Everyone behind the ball, time wasting from the first minute and often aimlessly clearing the ball so they could get there 10 outfield players back. I suppose it worked though as they were always a danger from set-pieces and got the point they came for.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How negative were Cardiff tonight. Everyone behind the ball, time wasting from the first minute and often aimlessly clearing the ball so they could get there 10 outfield players back. I suppose it worked though as they were always a danger from set-pieces and got the point they came for.

BBC Sport - Brighton 2-2 Cardiff

Cardiff were a pain and I was at home in the warm. I did not expect any different from watching them on the TV. I expect Albion knew the dangers of switching off but there does not seem there is anything that can be done about it ???

One thing Johnny Byrne said is that you cannot pass around waiting for something to happen. You have to force or create problems for the other side. I have said the same thing myself. Proactive.

Liverpool created about 28 chances in 120 minutes. We created about 15 in 90 minutes. I am not so sure we did any worse than Liverpool and they had the rub of the green and did not have to come from behind. The first half team selection was not one I would have chosen. More than any other opposition, I would have wanted a wide player and I would have chosen Noone from the start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here