Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion - currently the 10th best team in the WORLD

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to the Global Club Soccer Rankings. How far we have come!

20230308_004634.jpg

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
It's crazy. I think you are playing some of the best Football in Europe right now, I'd fancy you to smash the hell out of a team like Ajax.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A couple of dodgy results in the potentially tricky games against Leeds and Palace should bring everyone crashing down to earth pretty quickly :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hope they are right about being top 4 in PL.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
how the hell have they Liverpool above us - we battered them twice in a fortnight in January :lolol:
Probs to do with Sunday's result! It's updated after every game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shirley that table is about the ten best teams in Europe...........
It does say 'global', so I'm calling it!

Either way, for anyone who went to Gillingham this is utterly insane.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
538 have been criticised a fair amount for their calculation methods - they always seem to favour the free flowing attacking teams (eg us, Man City, Arsenal…) over the quality but pragmatic teams. The Elo rankings always seemed a bit more realistic to me, where we are 18th.

Having said this, it’s still quite a sight to have us keeping that kind of company!

Probably in reality we are one of the best ~20 teams in the world as it stands, so not that far off.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Shirley that table is about the ten best teams in Europe...........
It is global.
Palmeiras, for example, are ranked 47th despite my son in law here telling me they are better and laughing at me for supporting a small team.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
538 have been criticised a fair amount for their calculation methods - they always seem to favour the free flowing attacking teams (eg us, Man City, Arsenal…) over the quality but pragmatic teams. The Elo rankings always seemed a bit more realistic to me, where we are 18th.

Having said this, it’s still quite a sight to have us keeping that kind of company!

Probably in reality we are one of the best ~20 teams in the world as it stands, so not that far off.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is global.
Palmeiras, for example, are ranked 47th despite my son in law here telling me they are better and laughing at me for supporting a small team.
Funny how the list doesn't include clubs - from non-European countries - which often win the club world championship, or often won the old pay-offs between the European champions anfd the South America champions - hence the list seems very much slanted towards European clubs, which is why I don't regard it as global as it claims to be!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Somewhere between 10-20 is probably likely. Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Napoli, Benfica, Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and maybe a handful of others are better.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
I believe that we, Brighton & Hove Albion, are probably playing the best football of any team in the world right now.

There are obviously teams with stronger individual players and stronger team performances, all factors considered, but we are playing "the best football" of any side on the planet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here