Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Hospital

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
A work colleague of mine has just recently been to Brighton Hospital and said it is the worst hospital he has ever had to visit, is it that bad?

No its not, its under a lot of pressure as are many others. The RSCH is having 450mill on a rebuild . The old Barry building is being completely demolished and more modern and enlarged buildings complete with helipad are going up. I think the money for it is being signed off very soon.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My first major surgery was in the Childrens hospital 1944....next was at Brighton General which at one time was a workhouse...as a hospital it was run very strictly with matron in charge...1968...The Royal Sussex... had many visits and ops there....good and bad running of the hospital but very pleased to see that the front is getting a full makeover.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I remember saying to my mum just after I'd come out of the Royal Sussex County Hospital after a few days that if there'd been a death button I could have pressed then I would have done it.

From the moment I was admitted through acute sickness with all the blood, kidney and liver tests, nil by mouth, the uncomfortable beds that were impossible to sleep in with a drip in my arm which kept falling out every time I turned over. There was a total lack of any sympathy from the majority of staff (only the younger nurses) after I'd taken some dodgy ecstasy pills; the last thing I needed at that time was a lecture. Getting out of there was the biggest relief of my life. When I had to keep going back for tests it took around four hours of waiting and then having everything checked. The only good part was the sedation which chilled me out.

A very, very depressing place. Every floor was like a maze in there.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've had to go into Eastbourne hospital a few times this year and it's been amazingly good. (Don't park inside the grounds though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here