Brighton Half-marathon..anyone else doing it?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My lad was a tad dissapointed at 2.25. Maybe he should train more next time.

Well done to all you heroes who ran. I did my bit using the pain/pleasure priciple...after seeing him leave East Street, I popped into W'spoons for breakfast & a pint before seeing him again coming back along the seafront.

I'm such a good dad!

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
you've got to run about 13 miles

as quick as you can :thumbsup:
Really? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh now I can watch the olympics with purpose.

Anyway, no I meant like dates because I want to do it. But it's too soon because I'd need to train. It's my final high schoool year so bloody busy so I don't have much time per week to train either.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have just entered the Arundel Park 10k as well.

I've done Arundel castle 10k (the one in August) the last couple of years, I understand this one is slightly different. can someone tell me where this one goes?

Am toying with doing this the week before FLM.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
2.20 for me. But being the wrong side of 40 and having only started running at Christmas, I was well happy with that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I've done Arundel castle 10k (the one in August) the last couple of years, I understand this one is slightly different. can someone tell me where this one goes?

Am toying with doing this the week before FLM.

You start off by the castle on (i think its) Mill road.run along past lake and past pub (Black Rabbit?).turn up left up small hill then around and up the first nasty hill.then a steep run down and through a pretty flat section through the downs and round to the 2nd (even worse ) hill.Once you are up that it is flat along the top of the downs and then a lovely downhill run in through the castle grounds.One last small hill up to the finish in the town.
Last year we got a lovely glass memento....also orange drink at the finish!.

See you there.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The second half sounds the same as the Arundel Castle run. The first half without a doubt sounds a bit more challenging!

Have you done the Bluebell trail at Angmering?

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Anyone planning on running for the Sport Relief Mile Challenge.

I have set myself the challenge of doing the Sainsbury's Sport Relief 6 Mile Challenge, to raise some money for a worthy cause.

I shall be taking part in the Brighton & Hove 6 Mile Challenge on Sunday March 16th at 11.00am.

Please click on the link below for further information or to make a donation.

http://www.mysportrelief.com/runforthesun

Thankyou

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The second half sounds the same as the Arundel Castle run. The first half without a doubt sounds a bit more challenging!

Have you done the Bluebell trail at Angmering?

Yes.....and a very nice race is is too.There was a pretty nasty hill at the end of that but i think they have slightly re-done the course this year and its excluded!.
I recommend doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports