Brighton fans 'loud and intimdating'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the only time there was any noise was when the ref made a balls up. quite a lot then!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
oapdodge said:
Is he taking the piss,I thought we were dead quiet today.Even the standing section didn't make any noise.
He will hear some noise if he is still there when we return to the County ground.Why is the crowd so boring at home ?

True, we weren't very loud at all yesterday. How can anyone be intimidated at Withdean?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
James Milner is a class act. Cant we put in a bid for him? Or at least try and get him on loan when he next comes available.

It was his first game. I think the point that Milner is making is that League football is played in a different atmosphere to reserve matches.

Milner Talks After Debut

James Milner made his debut for Swindon Town this afternoon and gave us his thoughts on what was a busy afternoon for the youngster at The Withdean Stadium.

'I enjoyed it to be honest. It was a quick game and we were playing one of the top teams in the league. It was quite a tough encounter and although we took a point, I thought we could have taken all three.

'Their fans were quite loud and quite intimidating. It was certainly different from the reserves! Brighton were a good team but I think we showed what we can do as well. We came out of the game with flying colours.

'It was my first game for Swindon and I think it will take me at least one game to get adjusted to the league. I had a close effort late on and had that gone in to make it 3-2, that would have been the icing on the cake really.

'I got a few knocks but I think whenever a tackle comes in, you just have to get back up, dust yourself down and get on with the game. You can't afford to give the opposition the upper hand and by getting back up straight away, shows that you are up for the challenge.

'We have a day off tomorrow so I will sit back and take it all in because it has all moved very quickly but that's football. Thoughts now turn to next week's game at The County Ground against Wrexham.'

By the way, you don't have to register specially for Swindon's site. Once you've registered for one FL site, you're registered for all of them - provided you're cookied.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
H block was noisy all throughout the game, most of the shouting was at King walking anywhere he wanted including on the pitch at one point.
The ref was so poor that even the North stand started making some noise in the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports