Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fans in the Brighton area?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just off Ditchling Road here, "Jolly Poacher" territory - it's a hotbed.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
:bigwave: 5 mins brisk walk to Preston Park

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Part of the Lancing Laridae crew myself.

Ok, not so much of a crew as a one man band but I've got a BN postcode so I'm counting it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm only 55mins drive away if anyone is planning a meet? I could help boost the numbers.

Not sure if you can be included -you have a TN postcode, like we do down here.
On a more serious note, traditionally, I thought that the bulk of the Albion support ended at Eastbourne, but these last few years -doubtless with the attraction of the Amex - I have been really surprised at the level of active support for the Albion in Bexhill and Hastings. With the influx of Londoners to Hastings in the 70s, there is still much support for London clubs, but you do detect an element of warmth also for the Albion, even from those who do not travel to Falmer.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I hate it around there, why would anyone pay over the top for a house, with hardly any garden that you can't park outside and rubbish strewn everywhere just don't get it. Drive round and round looking for somewhere to park, bet it's great fun moving house round there.

As for the majority of the people there, they are either stuck up with an attitude as if they live in Islington or they are students.

I'd love to pay over the top for a house but I can't afford to.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This thread raise many important issues.

Q: Can I refer to Brighton as a city without mentioning Hove?
Q: Does Hove count?

Easiest to answer the second question first. Hove does not count as part of Brighton. Brighton and Hove are inextricably linked but pretend to have nothing in common, like two old ladies who constantly bitch about the other but spend most of their time together.

The City of Brighton and Hove exists purely as an administrative construct. Just as true men of Sussex know that East and West Sussex are administrative designations and even combined in no way reflect what is actually Sussex so true natives of Brighton or Hove know that The City of Brighton and Hove has little to do with what is Brighton and what is Hove.

Q: Does Kemptown count?

Obviously Kemptown counts, unless you want to go for super extreme and say you must be born and raised within the confines of The Lanes. Whitehawk also counts but Wilsons Avenue marks the easternmost boundary of Brighton to any right minded person.

Q: Do Moulescoomb or Bevendean count?

This is a tricky one, though on fair reflection Moulescoomb is in and Bevendean out. To say otherwise would be to accept the terms of the 1927 Brighton Corporation Act which would also add Ovingdean and Rottingdean to Brighton and so is frankly ridiculous. True that also added parts of Moulescoombe not included in the 1923 Ministry of Housing Provisional Order Confirmation (Brighton Extension) Act but given Moulescoombes iconic status and that the people of Patcham want nothing to do with it it must be considered Brighton.

Further Bevendean is just weirdly tucked away and inaccessible, not so much a suburb of Brighton as a Polyp.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Bakers Bottom :wave:

A most excellent area. Congratulations on those steadfast years foolishly holding out against residents parking. I applauded.

My house has a post code of BN44 so I guess Bramber is a small area of Brighton .

Don't be foolish. Fishersgate is BN41 and thats flipping West Sussex.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I hate it around there, why would anyone pay over the top for a house, with hardly any garden that you can't park outside and rubbish strewn everywhere just don't get it. Drive round and round looking for somewhere to park, bet it's great fun moving house round there.

As for the majority of the people there, they are either stuck up with an attitude as if they live in Islington or they are students.

I grew up on muesli mountain and can confirm you are absolutely right, it's a sh!T hole. The council wanted to knock it all down in the 50's as they were deemed unfit for human habitation. My family couldn't believe their luck when the Londoners started moving down paying stupid money for the property.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I love it round here, which either makes me an Islington stuck-up or a student.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wow l'm impressed! So sorry to hear of your divorce from Mrs.81 though. I take it l will recieve a signed copy of your ode to the 17 once published?

Yes, including signed pictures of the empty bus stops on the bemusing Partridge Green ghost run !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here