Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Ere I Come

ccfcwelshlad

Jul 9, 2003
Cardiff
oapdodge said:
Look forward to it.Will you get many turning up ?

No idea mate.... it's not the most attractive fixture of the season;) but we have started to play a lot more fluent football recently, 7 points out of the last 12 so maybe a few more might travel than woudl of should this game have been a fortnight ago.

Wouldn't expect much more than 300-400 to be honest, but who knows! Our away support is so unpredictable.

Really looking forward to the game, we seem to have built quite a bit of rivallry up with your lot.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Yes the rivalry has built up and is one game we all look forward to winning.Shame due to the hooli element you have that more of us won't travel to Cardiff.

ccfcwelshlad

Jul 9, 2003
Cardiff
oapdodge said:
Shame due to the hooli element you have that more of us won't travel to Cardiff.

:glare: and this conversation was going so well..... Not going to sit here and tell you we don't have a problem... but it is a LOT more controlled than it was at your last visit. You probally saw how well the police controlled the play off final last summer and am pretty sure that u enjoyed a :drink: without any problems.

We have the best police force in the country at dealing with football violence, i am confident of that. They HAD to up the antics after that PR disaster that was the Leeds cup game and they have succeded. They have banned more people from Ninian Park in connection with Cardiff City Football Club than any other club in the united kingdom. There has been no trouble at home games for a huge amount of time. We have played Stoke and Leeds this season with no problems at either game.

I'm going to leave it at this because i have gone over it with so many clubs in the past but if you come to Ninian Park, you will see the changes for yourself!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Should hope so. My brother got a damn good kicking a three years back in that very spot. Sam did himself no favours by saying that he didn't believe Cardiff fans did it, and that there was no problems down there.

Glad to hear it has improved. And yes, our day out in Cardiff in May was brilliantly supervised by the Heddlu.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The police always go over the top when we play Cardiff. I couldn't believe how many cops with dogs there were at the station, the last time we played at Withdean.Don't they realise they do more harm than good by being confrontational.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I have to admit that having been to a lot of places over the years watching The Albion, the one game I always feel uncomfortable at is Cardiff. It is good to hear that the police have finnaly sorted the problem out, and I must admit that I have not heard any bad press about Cardiff this season in relation to fighting etc.

Just one question, I assume that the police your end liase with other forces to let them know what fans are banned. It is easy to stop fans from going to home games, but harder to stop them traveling to away games and causing trouble.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
My Sunderland supporting flat mate went to their game at Ninian Park last season and said he found the Cardiff fans friendly and didn’t see any trouble.

It is a shame that the match comes as Cardiff are picking up, but hopefully we can begin to improve our home form with a win against City.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've always rather enjoyed Cardiff matches, even though I seem to recall them giving us a right tonking at the Goldstone in the rain once. Never been to Ninian Park though, despite having lived in Treforest for a few years, perhaps this year will be the year to go.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Curious Orange said:
I've always rather enjoyed Cardiff matches, even though I seem to recall them giving us a right tonking at the Goldstone in the rain once.

That would've been the extraordinary Brighton 3 Cardiff 5 match in 1994 I presume. What an odd game that was! Brighton 1-0 up, then 1-5 down, then two late Albion goals for a 3-5 final score.

Phil Stant conjured up one of the most unbelievable misses of all time during that match. Paul Millar scored an absolute belter from about 30 yards, we had a player sent off late on (Damon Searle I think) and Kurt Nogan scored at least one fo your goals if I remember correctly.

Happy days!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whats the best Cardiff website? Mr Bluebird.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Laughing Bluebird said:
That would've been the extraordinary Brighton 3 Cardiff 5 match in 1994 I presume. What an odd game that was! Brighton 1-0 up, then 1-5 down, then two late Albion goals for a 3-5 final score.

Phil Stant conjured up one of the most unbelievable misses of all time during that match. Paul Millar scored an absolute belter from about 30 yards, we had a player sent off late on (Damon Searle I think) and Kurt Nogan scored at least one fo your goals if I remember correctly.

Happy days!

That was one of my favourite ever brighton games.
Kurt Nogan scored two goals i think. He got the first and last of the night if my memory serves correct.
It was one of the few times where i didnt mind losing because it was so entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here