Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Brighton comedy garden

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone else been to any of the shows in Preston park? The chairs couldn't be anymore packed together like sardines! Left after the first act 🤬

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone else been to any of the shows in Preston park? The chairs couldn't be anymore packed together like sardines! Left after the first act 🤬

It was a case of once you're in, you're in, other rows were shuffling along rather than trying to get past, so if you were late you were on the end of the row.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night though (after the first 5 mins of rain) :thumbsup:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I went the other night and there were no chairs. I guess it was stand up night.
IMG_2580.gif

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I went on Wednesday and didn't find the seats cramped at all, no more than any other event I've been to.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I went on Friday, a gloriously sunny evening. It was great fun, but as @Wrong-Direction said, the seating rows were incredibly close together.

We turned up early, wanting to enjoy beers from the bar in the park. Small cans of Meantime IPA were £5.50 with no draft options. We wished we had stopped at BRZN, our usual Friday bar, on the way. A total rip off.

But all in all, it was a lovely, enjoyable evening.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not going to tell you this…you ain’t seen me …right….but Brighton Open Air Theatre up dyke road is brilliant with great comedians and shows on and you can bring your own booze and pick nicks ( actually encouraged)

and it’s not as hideously priced either

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I should add my show was heavily lesbian and non binary themed which wasn't funny

Jul 7, 2003
I am not going to tell you this…you ain’t seen me …right….but Brighton Open Air Theatre up dyke road is brilliant with great comedians and shows on and you can bring your own booze and pick nicks ( actually encouraged)

and it’s not as hideously priced either
I think the comedy programme at BOAT has finished for this year.

We went to a show there a few weeks ago for the first time and it was a nice place to watch comedy on a warm evening.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the comedy programme at BOAT has finished for this year.

We went to a show there a few weeks ago for the first time and it was a nice place to watch comedy on a warm evening.
Did you see John bishop, Steve grant and angela barnes?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I should add my show was heavily lesbian and non binary themed which wasn't funny

Looks like you picked the wrong show. My son get me tickets for the show with host who lives 100 yards from the stage, Grumpy old man, Old school ventriloquist, Young up and coming comedian (bit lesbian) and Grumpy middle aged man talking about testicular examinations.

I loved it, Horses for courses innit :wink:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looks like you picked the wrong show. My son get me tickets for the show with host who lives 100 yards from the stage, Grumpy old man, Old school ventriloquist, Young up and coming comedian (bit lesbian) and Grumpy middle aged man talking about testicular examinations.

I loved it, Horses for courses innit :wink:
Yeah I had tickets for that one too but gave them away after the terrible afternoon gig..
Think I'm just becoming Grumpy as I get older..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Went on Friday. Seats are close together but guessing those complaining haven't been to Old Trafford!!!!

Didn't think the prices were more than expected, 4 cans of Asahi for £20 and a good choice of food.

Thought Reginald D Hunter was very good as was the MC, Thanyia Moore. The two female stand ups were mildly amusing. Alan Davies was ok but it would have been a better end if RDH had got the headline slot. Afterwards saw Alan Davies at Preston Park station.

Jul 7, 2003
Did you see John bishop, Steve grant and angela barnes?
Yep, originally had tickets for Al Murray at The Forge that evening so switched to this one when he dropped out of both the shows he was supposed to do that evening, The Forge and BOAT

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh, and we went to The Argyle Arms for a few beers and some food beforehand. Absolutely brilliant little pub with very, very nice pub food. I think I last went to it when I was being trained to be a welder around the corner at Brighton tech under the viaduct nearly 50 years ago.

Highly recommend. Very friendly proper boozer that knows how to serve a pint, really great friendly helpful staff and does magnificent slow cooked ribs, pork and brisket. An absolute hidden gem. Just don't tell the poseurs on the restaurant thread :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here