Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton club crest old or newer version?

Brighton club crest, old or newer version?

• Total voters

Which one do you prefer?

Old? or New?

Attachments

• cup_final_closeup.jpg
    cup_final_closeup.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 416
  • new crest.jpg
    new crest.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 415

The only image I could find of the old one still isn't exactly the same, the seagull on it is the same as the one that is on the current badge/crest.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can understand why it was changed when DK first took over and we needed to change the "brand" (yes I hate that word) and signify a new beginning yadda yadda because the old logo became connected with the three unwise cnuts and the dark times.

However now we are using the logo for past glories like the cup final, being in the old div 1 etc I think its time to bring it back, certainly after nearly 10 years.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like them both. slightly in favour of the new one though as its of my time.

I can understand why it was changed when DK first took over and we needed to change the "brand" (yes I hate that word) and signify a new beginning yadda yadda because the old logo became connected with the three unwise cnuts and the dark times.

However now we are using the logo for past glories like the cup final, being in the old div 1 etc I think its time to bring it back, certainly after nearly 10 years.

Bring back the old design, it's bold and simple, and the seagull on it actually looked like the Herring Gull it was supposed to represent I think!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Went for the old one, but I am sure we had others before that one (like on the centenary shirt)...maybe even one with a dolphin on it.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Old one for sure.

Should'nt it be f.a cup finalists

Use all three.

new one on the team shirt

'Centenary' crest embroided into the stripes

old round one for retro kit/shirts/memorabillia (given that is on;ly existed since 1977 its hardly THAT old)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Having supported the Albion for the last 8 years or so, I have always been familiar and used to the new bage.

Personally I think that the old one looks very outdated and a bit dull.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Me neither, I think they're both great. If I had to choose, would probably plump for the new one.

I think a lot of people vouch for the old one out of nostalgia more than anything.
I think I *slightly* prefer the new one, but theres not much in it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here