Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton charged

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Something needs to happen, as it is getting out of hand. As much as we want to blame the ref, we need to improve our discipline

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
They want to have a look at their unruly f***ing ref.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Where is Peter Walton's accountability for one of the worst f***ing decisions I have EVER seen. Is he reffing this weekend?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Navarro should have been sent off too, could have been worse

As should *insert Saints non-entity whose name escapes me now* for a similarly reckless tackle.

Swings and roundabouts innit.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

Where is Peter Walton's accountability for one of the worst f***ing decisions I have EVER seen. Is he reffing this weekend?

4th official for Cardiff v Blackburn Tuesday...can't see him down to referee over the weekend...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not fussed about them, we're bottom of the discipline table and need to sort ourselves out

The amount of yellows & reds don't not equate to the number of fouls that we have committed. There was a thread the other day showing the disparity. Other players in the Championship seem to have more guile than our players, committing more fouls but not getting booked for them. As for the Navarro 'tackle', watching it again on the FL show highlights, Navarro had already kicked the ball before the Southampton player fell over his outstretched leg.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Quite. Why not look at the CAUSE of the problem?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Now while I agree we have an issue this is where football lets itself down !!

How can you charge a club for misconduct yet allow a referee to get away with an decision like the first pen !!!

Until the FA sorts out punishment for poor refereeing they will never deal with the issues they have with players on the pitch, refs seem untouchable currently and that isn't good for the game

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
And the excuse for the other 16 games is? Yes the ref probably gor some decisions wrong last week, but the fact is there were six legitimate penalty or not decisions to make. That in itself is the problem. 7 points clear from 'dirty' leeds at the top of the indiscipline table over 17 games should indicate something to the people saying 'its not our fault, lifes not fair'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now while I agree we have an issue this is where football lets itself down !!

How can you charge a club for misconduct yet allow a referee to get away with an decision like the first pen !!!

Until the FA sorts out punishment for poor refereeing they will never deal with the issues they have with players on the pitch, refs seem untouchable currently and that isn't good for the game

Referees are 'punished' - it's just not quite so public. Both teams get to rate the officials - you can bet at least one of last Saturday's managers would have been damning of Walton's performance. Additionally, an assessor will have been present to review his performance. Results feed into what is, effectively, a league table of officials and where you lie in that determines what appointments you get.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
The amount of yellows & reds don't not equate to the number of fouls that we have committed. There was a thread the other day showing the disparity. Other players in the Championship seem to have more guile than our players, committing more fouls but not getting booked for them. As for the Navarro 'tackle', watching it again on the FL show highlights, Navarro had already kicked the ball before the Southampton player fell over his outstretched leg.

It does depend on how bad the fouls are though, others may have committed more, by they may be for minor things such as pushing at a corner etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here