Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton cat killer found guilty

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Your average cat has no objection in principle to the ripping to pieces of live animals. It probably does have an objection in practice to being on the receiving end.

Two sentences that perfectly sum up everything anyone needs to know about cats! :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Plenty of fines, regulations and laws to deal with those others actions these days and they are increasing.

Cat owners are the only ones who really pay no price for their destruction. Compare how a dog is treated in law compared to a cat.

Exactly this ∆

If I owned a dog and it shat in a neighbours garden on a regular basis, I'd be fined, rightly, by environment health. Yet cat owners get away with this all the time.

Also, domestic cats should all have to wear a bell by law to give the song bird population at least a fighting chance.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Hopefully someone will give the ***t a near fatal kicking in clink.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Apparently there are lots of people actually employed to systematically kill masses of (often mistreated) innocent animals on a daily basis to satiate inessential human demand… but yeah…cats.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It is likely to happen in the future.

Cats are extremely bad for the environment, both directly and indirectly, but also for any local wildlife.

Essentially, cats are not needed, they are extremely expendable at a time where we need to save the planet and support our wildlife.

I wouldn't describe it as "genocide" - more of a cull. But carrying that out would be extreme and too distressing to cat owners. I would make it law to have all male cats neutered and phase them out by 2030 - any cats after that require a license.

It's not their fault they are cats - and it's not cat owners' fault that they grow to love their cats - but at the same time, we need to aim to get rid of them in the most humane way possible.

**** me, you're actually serious aren't you [emoji38]ol:

Absolutely no chance of that happening. You could make the same argument about any pet - pet dogs are pointless, fish serve no purpose. Might as well get rid of all domestic animals. Nice of you to completely ignore the impact cats and other pets have on mental health though, and the fact that many people see them as an important part of their family.

Cats, dogs, fish, hamsters, rabbits - none of them are the problem. Humans are. Pet cats are only a problem to wildlife because humans have encroached on their habitats. We need to sort that problem out long before we start blaming cats ffs.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I predict that it will happen, when humanity truly comes of age. Like you say, there are alternatives to cat ownership to assist with human mental health that isn't so destructive to wildlife, and/or with less of a carbon footprint.

The problem with cats is that whether you keep one as a house cat, which imo is cruel, or whether you let one roam outside, which is destructive, ownership can never be justified as there are alternatives. Perhaps dog ownership should be reduced too for the same reasons, but dogs are different as they are expected to be controlled at all times - for example if they attack or shit in public or private spaces the owner can be prosecuted, in addition to that they are more emotionally related to human beings, with the ability to be trained and to work.

Humans might be the problem, but there is no solution to that, because humans make the rules and we value human life above any other, rightly or wrongly. The best we can do is make the best moral decisions to protect all wildlife and our planet, and that will require reducing the populations of cats and other domestic animals, including livestock.
Domestic cats live far longer than feral ones and most owners will let them out when they want too. Hardly a cruel life for them lol
If they didn't like it they would just leave once they are outside the house.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Humanity and all life on earth - 400 million cats on earth is too many. That's 124 million tonnes of extra carbon in the atmosphere per year and many billions of unnecessary deaths of birds and other mammals, including extinctions of species.

They are one of the most destructive pests that life on earth has ever encountered.

edit: Although all of a sudden I remembered I am posting this on a thread about a cat murderer... :lolol: I love cats as individual animals, it's not their fault. Would like to reiterate that anyone who harms a cat or any animal is a likely a psychopath who needs to be locked up! There are ways the powers that be should be phasing them out humanely through drastically reducing their reproducing.

The are 470 million dogs on the planet, and each dog presumably has a much larger carbon footprint than each cat. Are we getting rid of dogs too then? Humanely, of course.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Humanity and all life on earth - 400 million cats on earth is too many. That's 124 million tonnes of extra carbon in the atmosphere per year and many billions of unnecessary deaths of birds and other mammals, including extinctions of species.

They are one of the most destructive pests that life on earth has ever encountered.

edit: Although all of a sudden I remembered I am posting this on a thread about a cat murderer... :lolol: I love cats as individual animals, it's not their fault. Would like to reiterate that anyone who harms a cat or any animal is a likely a psychopath who needs to be locked up! There are ways the powers that be should be phasing them out humanely through drastically reducing their reproducing.

I wouldn't worry unduly about the number of birds they kill. Estimates of the numbers of breeding pairs of birds vary wildly, but 100 billion tends to the low estimate. And if they breed at say 10 chicks per pair, that means that each year, 1 trillion birds die if the population is roughly stable. That's 2,500 dead birds per cat, so clearly the cats aren't doing the bulk of the damage.

Over a billion UK birds die each year. And the number that survive is determined, by and large, by the food and habitat available, not by the number that have been killed in specific ways. If there is food and habitat for approx 150 million pairs, then (by and large) that is how many will survive.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You see, the intriguing thing is that Tyrone hasn't done any of the things he says. He is being "shocking". Adding value to the thread by pretending to be a mustache twirling villain.

But why is he doing this? That's a fascinating study in online behaviour. Why do people behave in ways and tell silly lies they would never do in their normal, safe lives?

A lot of it comes down to loneliness and attention seeking. Being a decent sort of chap with a normal steady job, perhaps a partner and even children, isn't a magnet for attention. People simply aren't taking enough notice.

So, like say, Tommy Boyd or Piers Morgan, he has worked out that you can get that quick adrenaline rush by saying something cartoonishly controversial. Savour those replies, and indignation, then go back to your normal life without repercussions.

It's truly remarkable.

A truly a shit take of the highest order :lolol:

There's nothing controversial or shocking about shooting feral cats.

The Government is planning to put bounties on their heads in the hope to kill up to 2 million of the little *****.

Such an insular sheltered life you lead.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
a pretty hard mate of mine was hospitalised by a feral cat .......it was attacking his cat , basically had it by the neck and was choking it out against the ground , he grabbed hold of it by the scruff and tried to pull it off , the ****er let go of his cat and went to town on him...both hands , chest , face and the top of his head ....about 60 stitches and 2 night on an iv drip in hospital......cants of things mate , they look like little tigers and they go off like 'em as well.

he's a Wolves fan so i/we had a good laugh about it ......" here kitty kitty " in a dopey yam yam accent really wound him up for months....:lolol:

And that's why you head shot them.

Avoids any chance of getting wrecked by one.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
"People consider cats to be a member of the family. So he's trying to, quite frankly, take away the civil liberties we all have to choose who we want in our home."

:facepalm:

if people can reasign their own gender surely they are entitled to own a cat...:shrug:

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
if people can reasign their own gender surely they are entitled to own a cat...:shrug:

The former comes well within the realms of being treated with diginity and respect I would suggest. A human right under the UN charter I believe.

The second?...... First world problems I'm afraid.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The former comes well within the realms of being treated with diginity and respect I would suggest. A human right under the UN charter I believe.

i would argue the complete opposite ......the UN ffs.......useless organisation if ever there was one , didn't assist in Dili , haven't assisted in Yemen and are not assisting in the Ethiopian / Eritrean conflict.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i asked my 2 black , burmese cross brother cats to sit for a photo .....they reckon bollox to the UN and have gone outside to kill rats ., bells jingling away as they pounce around the garden , they will be called in at dusk and kept in over night , they will be let out at about 9.a.m once all the birds have had a chance to go about their business and preferably used the litter tray but that is not so easy to police.....they are both microchipped and registered.......what more can you do , you obviously think cats are ***** ...i feel the same way about cyclist...:lolol: have a good day..:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A bunch of 40 and 50 something men turn a thread about cat killing into a petty, juvenile squabble. Is no topic safe from a binfest?

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Plenty of fines, regulations and laws to deal with those others actions these days and they are increasing.

Cat owners are the only ones who really pay no price for their destruction. Compare how a dog is treated in law compared to a cat.

My missus was a ranger in the wheatbelt and had this responsibility, along with euthanising stray dangerous dogs, but she certainly didn’t enjoy it or boast about it on football forums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here