Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Buses to replace bendy buses with double deckers

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh well, with a little planning I’m sure the can enter and exit at the top ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Impossible to turn a bus on Mill Road when half the road has parked cars on it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club could buy a Chinook helicopter.
Have it hover over the BP garage.
As a bus approaches it lowers a platform.
The bus drives onto it.
Then the helicopter can easily lift the bus over the bridge.

Happy to help.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What about using the entrance to Waterhall, drive past, reverse in and drive out?

You should see the challenge on match day - there is no space for two way traffic - which is what you're suggesting. At the time I get there there's always at least three buses on the road. So even if it is possible to turn a bus next to Waterhall - and I'd suggest that would be difficult anyway - how do you get your turned bus to go up the hill with other buses coming down ? And that doesn't even take into consideration getting the cars in. The way this P&R will work is with a one way system and that isn't possible with double deckers. And throw in the condition that Waterhall has to be accessable to users all the time this is going on.

I'd suggest the best solution is the club buy the bendy buses and run that site entirely themselves.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You should see the challenge on match day - there is no space for two way traffic - which is what you're suggesting. At the time I get there there's always at least three buses on the road. So even if it is possible to turn a bus next to Waterhall - and I'd suggest that would be difficult anyway - how do you get your turned bus to go up the hill with other buses coming down ? And that doesn't even take into consideration getting the cars in. The way this P&R will work is with a one way system and that isn't possible with double deckers. And throw in the condition that Waterhall has to be accessable to users all the time this is going on.

I'd suggest the best solution is the club buy the bendy buses and run that site entirely themselves.

Yes, but APART from that....

:lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

[emoji106]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The real answer is, of course, that we should be ok with that much notice so long as someone has planned and sourced a sufficient number of alternative single deckers. In other words.....

doomed.JPG

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sure I read somewhere that Mill Road is going to be used for Park n Ride on non match days (for access to the town). Hope there’s been some joined up thinking here

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sure I read somewhere that Mill Road is going to be used for Park n Ride on non match days (for access to the town). Hope there’s been some joined up thinking here

The bus company pulled out of that scheme a couple of days ago

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The bus company pulled out of that scheme a couple of days ago

Indeed - using the reason that an RTO, planning permission and signage were required and would take too long. The cynic in me suggests the subject matter in this thread is more likely to be the reason for their pull out.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Brighton and Hove Buses currently do not have any non-training single decker buses in their fleet. The Bendys get 5mpg, they're not allowed up North Street in the City's "ultra low emissions zone" because they're deadly. B&H have been looking to offload them for a while and there's no value in them getting single deckers. The last time they did was for the expansion for the route 50 to Hollingdean but there was no upturn in passenger numbers so they ditched the increased frequency and whacked doubles back on the route. The single deckers went to the 18 route but have since been flogged. The Go Ahead group have plenty of singlers, presumably the Park and Ride will be serviced by those but it might be more expensive as they'll have to travel into the City in order to run the service rather than using local B&H buses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here