Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton bus drivers ballot to strike

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If employers want someone to do work for them, they should pay them, it's that simple.

I don't work for free and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I wonder how long until all the buses are automated? 15 years? 10?

In this city? Never.

Trams with exclusive road access to any given routes - maybe.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In this city? Never.

Trams with exclusive road access to any given routes - maybe.

Like they've got in Croydon? Works like a dream there and pushes the private motorist out to who cares where. Our town is perfect for a modern tram set-up. It's even got mini-hills like San Francisco. No reason whatsoever why trams couldn't largely replace buses in the medium term.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the tech for automated driving is already here. buses with defined routes (so you could put in some additional special road markings) could be done tomorrow once some legislation was passed.

in 15 years we'll probably no long have busses at all, we'll get into a automated google car and fed adverts during our otherwise free journey.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Like they've got in Croydon? Works like a dream there and pushes the private motorist out to who cares where. Our town is perfect for a modern tram set-up. It's even got mini-hills like San Francisco. No reason whatsoever why trams couldn't largely replace buses in the medium term.

I could do with a tram up Southover Street on my walk home from the station :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When will plumbers be able to go on strike? Sh!t we have to deal with, just saying...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
There are people moaning about zero hour contracts because employees do not get enough work, and now we have bus drivers threatening to go on strike because they are being asked to do overtime.

Maybe we could get all the zero hour contract people in Brighton & Hove to train as bus drivers and they could fill in when the bus drivers are tired or when they are off sick (just don't phone up the sick driver to find out when they might be back to work or we could have a mutiny on our hands).

Doesn't work that way due to insurance,driver's hours. The major operator,s have to adhere to tight regulations just like most firm,s and just where does a firm find cheap overtime ?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here