Brighton band needs your help

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not normally one for starting threads, but here goes. In case any of you are unaware, today at 12 noon, brighton band The Lovegods will be going head to head with northern oasis wannabees Broken Dolls on Jo Whiley's radio 1 show for the coveted title of best unsigned band in Britain.

For those that know of the band please text the word Love to 81199 between 12 and 12.40 today to help them win, they really deserve it, they are an utterly fantastic band. Described on the R1 unsigned website as a cross between the yeah yeah yeahs and monster magnet, they really do rock, and today will be singing an acoustic version of Sadie mercedes one the best songs you are ever likely to hear about a car.

They'll be playing the Komedia on the 28th of april and I can really really recommend them.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Hear don the radio they won. Giving them a session at Maida Vale a slot on the radio 1 playlist and a opening act of the one big weekend thing they are doing.

Heard the song they were playing and it sounded pretty good too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
Described on the R1 unsigned website as a cross between the yeah yeah yeahs and monster magnet ....

Now I know I'm getting old, not only have I not heard of new bands, but I haven't heard of the bands that have influenced them either.

It wasn't like this in the days of Blodwyn Pig (sigh)...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
onster Magnet have been aorund for years and are one of those cult bands that still have a decent following, Don't like them much myself but I have mates who think they are genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports