Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton (australia) cheerleaders

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I have been to Brighton (nr. Melbourne) but no idea why the Rabbitohs (S. Sydney) cheerleaders
would have Brighton on their uniforms. Photo from 2007
brightoncheerleaders.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is also a Brighton in Melbourne. I met Trudy who was working as a Nurse in the Sussex County in 1987. About a year later she moved out and with another Nurse who was English, went to America, brought an old Dodge Charger and drove across America to San Francisco. Then flew back across the Pacific to Brighton in Melbourne, it's a suburb.
I guess that's why she came and worked in Brighton, Sussex, less trouble with the name! I don't know what she made of Woodingdean though.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
There's a New Brighton in Christchurch, but it's more like Worthing after a nuclear war

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Don't forget Brighton, Sussex County, New Jersey, U.S.A.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To answer the OP's question. It's actually Brighton-Le-Sands, a suburb in South Sydney.

Brighton-Le-Sands, New South Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Brighton was the original name used by tramway pioneer Thomas Saywell, after the famous seaside resort Brighton in England.[1] Land acquisitions began in the 1840s but no significant development occurred until the railway opened to Hurstville, via Rockdale in 1884. In 1885 Thomas Saywell constructed a tramway from Rockdale to Lady Robinson Beach, along Bay Street. He was given a 30 year lease on the line. He also financed and built the public swimming baths, a substantial picnic area, a race course and the Brighton Hotel, on the current Novotel site. It was a huge success and to avoid confusion with the English Brighton, it became known as Brighton-Le-Sands.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
There is a Brighton next to Hove and up the cosst from Seaford in Adelaide. I wanted a house in shoreham road, Brighton but it was too pricey..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here