Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Art - best place to buy online?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
New user here … I signed up to reply to this old post. I had Googled ‘Greg Parmenter’ as I have recently acquired two of his pen and ink drawings. There is next to nothing about him, this thread was one of only two relevant results.

The two pictures are only 4” square, it’s hard to believe they are not prints that have been scaled down from a larger painting, as the detail is so fine, but they do appear to be original. One is if boats in Shoreham Harbour, the other of St Martins Lane, Lewes. Both excellent pieces of work. Should anyone be interested I’ll find a way to post photos of them.

I thought I’d best to leave it until the end to mention that despite living in in East Sussex (Heathfield) I am a Hammers season ticket holder so was at the 1-1 draw with the Seagulls last week. Gutted by the late equaliser but couldn’t really argue against a draw being fair. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Welcome - Please go ahead and post photos. I am sure lots of Shorehamites will be interested. Sadly not trickydicky.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391327-RIP-(real)-Richard-Goodman

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
view to spoons west st.png

This chap who was also the Albion cartoonist in the early 80s has run off some prints of his clock tower doodle. Proceeds to a homeless charity if I recall. Individually signed. DM for details.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I wonder what percentage of homes in Brighton & Hove have some kind of picture of the ruined West Pier on their walls?

I know it's a captivating structure but it's all gone a bit "live, laugh, love" hasn't it?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wonder what percentage of homes in Brighton & Hove have some kind of picture of the ruined West Pier on their walls?

I know it's a captivating structure but it's all gone a bit "live, laugh, love" hasn't it?

999566B6-CA6B-45E9-B42A-63534A1AD5DC.jpeg

:moo:

I just like the Philip Dunn prints, I’m not a Brighton & Hove resident though, but did live there for 30 years of my life.
Not sure I would compare them to a “ Live, laugh, love “ sign / print :shrug: I definitely haven’t got anything like that on my walls.

Edit- The West Pier seems to be in one piece in my prints.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

It's totally captivating. I can't stop looking at it when i'm out and about on the seafront. Must get myself a pic!

ThenNotAnd

Dec 13, 2021
Welcome - Please go ahead and post photos. I am sure lots of Shorehamites will be interested. Sadly not trickydicky.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?391327-RIP-(real)-Richard-Goodman
I never did get around to posting the Greg Parmenter photos….. here is the miniature pen and ink with watercolour titled “From Tarmount Hard, Shoreham on Sea” dated 18/7/1982. I have two more, one of St Martins Lane,Lewes, the other is a floral study of buttercups. If there is still any interest I’ll add the photos of the other two.

Good luck in Europe, perhaps we will meet much later on in the competition ⚒

29DB8E94-5240-49C9-BF61-4E3BB0BCAE4E.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here