Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “ Brighton are no Premier League nice guys …” Telegraph article tonight

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Every corner is a threat is it? I would suggest that telegraph writer does not watch us very often.
To be fair, I thought the corners tonight were pretty decent. Couple of half chances and a hit post. Better than usual!

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
You reckon? It seems a bit 'brighton+hipster+chatgpt' to me.

I preferred J Wilsons from the guardian. It seems like he's actually watched us for a bit.

Ooh I love that you think it’t a bit hipster! I am 76 and take that as a compliment, thank you.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Both guff if you ask me.
Tonight’s story was about three men. A youth product who is already looking outrageously assured (Hinsh), the old timer looking reborn in a left wing role (Milner) and a batshit manager who comes up with all this (RDZ).
That paints a much more considered and relevant picture for the neutrals than these type of articles that mostly seem pre written or AI generated these days.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Excellent piece and his is a point worth making: we’re really good and you don’t get to be that good by being entirely likeable. Kinda obvious but nicely spelled out, he’s a good writer.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You reckon? It seems a bit 'brighton+hipster+chatgpt' to me.

I preferred J Wilsons from the guardian. It seems like he's actually watched us for a bit.

Both are excellent articles I think. It’s so cool that, as we’ve risen to a higher level, the quality of the written coverage and analysis have too. We never got such interesting and witty write ups in the broadsheets like that after we’d beaten Rochdale.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I can't remember the specifics, but I've heard it several times now. Variations on the 'nobody likes playing us' or 'nobody likes coming to the Amex'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Every corner is a threat is it? I would suggest that telegraph writer does not watch us very often.
To be fair, I thought the corners tonight were pretty decent. Couple of half chances and a hit post. Better than usual!
Erm, Estupinian’s thunderbastard was direct from a corner!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
“Only the old-schoolest of old‑school football men still rail against such things; De Zerbi is to them as Richard Arkwright was to the hand-weavers of Derbyshire.”

I mean COME ON. O level history references? Love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here