Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albions away support tonight

Just got back, absolutely fantastic, one of those SPECIAL away games that you get to once in a while. There was some really good football played especially in the midfield. Admittedly there were mistakes but cut them out and the basis for Championship football is there.

All round great trip. Good game, good result yet the particular highlights for me where...
. Brezovan choosing to hand the balloons back to the crowd instead of popping them when the ref instructed him to do so.
. The newly invented "drinking pints of cherry, Calderon" chant.
. The banter between the fans on the platform at Charlton.

And the best of all was the music the players ran out to at half time, "Infinity" by Guru Josh Project http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2dgEUOhY. I would love it if every week I could see Inigo Calderon's hair sway in the wind as he runs out to that dance classic.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Excellent indeed. With the exception of the cock who threw the bottle across the railway track from behind me at Charlton station in response to one of the Charlton Kiddies Firm doing the same thing. Just because one of them is a mindless fuckwit does not mean you have to respond in kind, whoever you are. The Old Bill nearly arrested the wrong bloke, you great div.

Interesting, think that might explain something actually,

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
on par with Southampton in my opinion. Great game.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
I went earlier tonight, spur of the moment, 'why not' kind of moment as it was pay on the gate, plus had never been to The Valley before.

Have to say, as much as I'd always say I'm a West Ham fan, I haven't enjoyed an away day that much for nearly two years, top day out, great support from fans during and after game (that I was pleased to contribute to). I hope to travel with the Albion again very soon.
:D

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Best atmosphere I have been in at an Albion game for some time. Let's hope the North Stand at Falmer will be like that. Team brilliant, especially Calderon and Bennett, but all were good, fantastic save by Brezovan too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just got back, absolutely fantastic, one of those SPECIAL away games that you get to once in a while. There was some really good football played especially in the midfield. Admittedly there were mistakes but cut them out and the basis for Championship football is there.

All round great trip. Good game, good result yet the particular highlights for me where...
. Brezovan choosing to hand the balloons back to the crowd instead of popping them when the ref instructed him to do so.
. The newly invented "drinking pints of cherry, Calderon" chant.
. The banter between the fans on the platform at Charlton.

And the best of all was the music the players ran out to at half time, "Infinity" by Guru Josh Project http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2dgEUOhY. I would love it if every week I could see Inigo Calderon's hair sway in the wind as he runs out to that dance classic.

The cognoscenti have been singing the Calderon song since Walsall. So not new, other than that agree with all your points.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Away end is I believe around 3,200ish if every seat was used, but I think some behind the pillar aren't officially counted and there are some used by stewards/undercover cops or whatever. 3,000 is the usual approximation, but I think it's more like halfway between the two figures. The two bottom corner traingles - the crappest seats - were mostly empty (around 150-200 empty seats apiece) and the odd other empty seat dotted around from what I could see. I'd guesstimate you had at least 2,500, posssibly - at most - 2,600. I don't go to many home games these days, as I'm a Premier League glory hunter, but my mates who are season ticket holder regulars say you were definitely second (and only just) to Millwall in terms of away end noise so far this season. Gits x

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Best atmosphere I have been in at an Albion game for some time. Let's hope the North Stand at Falmer will be like that. Team brilliant, especially Calderon and Bennett, but all were good, fantastic save by Brezovan too.

seconded :thumbsup:

from only the few games i have been to this season and the leeds result, Gus is getting it right and next season could be awesome especially if Southampton dont go up and Palarse come down............

OOOOHHHH what a season next year maybe !!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
For me, the strangest sight of the evening in our end........a young kiddie in school uniform. I hope he's done his homework. You have to take your hat off to him though.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
my 12 year old,still hasnt spoke to me this morning as i didnt take him!bad dad

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Excellent indeed. With the exception of the cock who threw the bottle across the railway track from behind me at Charlton station in response to one of the Charlton Kiddies Firm doing the same thing. Just because one of them is a mindless fuckwit does not mean you have to respond in kind, whoever you are. The Old Bill nearly arrested the wrong bloke, you great div.

Yeah that was me the copper pulled to the back. I told him altho we were having a pop at their little firm, i wouldnt be f***ing stupid enough to throw bottles over, especially as i was standing at the front.

Luckily he belived me!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here