Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion Vs Yeovil Town - Official Thread

Russell Slade's hat

Mar 16, 2008
Burgess Hill
I am well delighted with that display of football, Yes yeovill we shit and what not but we out played them in every area of the pitch. Owusu and Forster were top class today and Forster showed he still has that touch of class.
Cox was very good for his standerds today, a well deserved MOM award in my opinion. Bangura and Jarret looked comftable in midfield alothough Jarret still wasn't that great.
Good to get one over On Jonesy !

Hopefully this will give the lads a real confidence boost.
Well played lads,

I do still think we are going dwon though:(
x

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well that was thoroughly enjoyable game of football. Not perfect, and aided by a woeful, woeful yeovil side.

My thoughts:

-I've often argued that an opinion based from listening to the match on the radio is equally as valid as the opinion as someone who attended live. I still hold to that, but add the proviso "so long as Gavin Dennison isn't commentating". There were times I wondered if he was even watching the same game "Crunching challenge from Bangoura there" - said after someone kicked the ball and it hit bangoura. Truly awful on so many levels, SCR really need to send him away for training so he can actually call the match properly, or they need to drop him.

-Quite often in the first half El Abd showed a lack of defensive discipline. He chased the ball even when it was with Heath's man, and other times he just seemed as if he had no direction wondering what he had to do.

-Carole seemed to take his foot off the pedal in the second half.

-Anderson's kicking is truly awful. He wasn't so bad when the ball was played to him, but out of his hands of from set pieces he just can't kick. What makes it worse is that he takes goal kicks from a couple of feet back from the 6yd line, he took some of the offsides/free kicks from as much as 8 yards behind where the incident took place, and when you're kicking isn't great to start with, you don't want to make it worse for yorself.

- Poor Lloyd Owusu, the guy was screwed by the multi-ball system, or else he'd've had the penalty and got a goal that would have been merited for his contribution.

I may add more as they come to me. Great result and we player well for large portions, but there were also moments that could have changed the game against better opponents.

Still, I don't want to be too negative, I just don't want to get caught up in the euphoria of the domineering win, we need to make sure we don't get carried away.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It may have been said already but Slade was brilliant on SCR when he said he was happy with the first 80 mins but not the last ten we got a bit sloppy, its ok at 4 nil up but if it was one nil it could have been different...we need to concentrate for 90!

Plus he said we have a game plan and the players know what it is and I expect them to carry it out in all areas.

Brilliant!!!

It also helps (Livermore excepted due to injuries) that players are playing in their most comfortable/best positions. NO f***ing shoehorning.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Well I changed my routine today. Living up North I usually check the scores throughout the afternoon, either by ceefax or by popping into the bookies. Not today I waited until after 5pm. Then whoopee.

Next Sat, I shall be there at Scunny. Thing is, I've never seen us win there. Should I go?

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
From the BBC:

Yeovil's Gavin Tomlin hit the post just before Forster struck from 10 yards and two penalties completed the rout.

One was by Glenn Murray after a hand ball, and the second by Cox after goalkeeper Josh Wagenaar brought down Craig Davies and was sent off.

Eh? :shrug:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
"He's f***ing rubbish that Dean Cox" - That's for all you Dean Cox doubting muppets!

You were saying? As I told you on Saturday:

"So he scored one goal? Why have a go? The problem is that Cox can be outstanding one week, then non-league standard the next. Professional footballers should be more consistant."

Point proven after last night? :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here