Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton and Hove Albion vs West Ham Official match thread ****

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I am afraid he is right though. We have been found out by the stronger, fitter, faster players in the Championship that Gus has talking about in the summer. Too many weeds in our team.

We played well tonight though, we did everything but score unfortunately. Good performance, bad result.

godalming gull

Feb 28, 2007
Surrey
Missed a right winger tonight. Reyes played well, not sure he took a single extra touch in the first half, but he doesn't (didn't) overlap at all or certainly as much as Calde. Bridcutt did have a bit of shocker, but he'll still be player of the year. Final ball all round was woeful, we had a lot of corners but if we continue to hit the first defender we'll always get a lot of em, be nice to convert one occasionally though. West Ham defended very well down the middle but so many times they were defending just the central third of the pitch, not even the width of the box. Obvious they'd done their homework from minute one. Not too down after this one, we'll come good.
And another thing, the Amex even looks possibly even better in the pissing rain, nice and shiny!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am afraid he is right though. We have been found out by the stronger, fitter, faster players in the Championship that Gus has talking about in the summer. Too many weeds in our team.
We were hardly found out tonight were we. We let in 1 goal from a bad mistake (nothing to do with stronger, fitter, faster) and from then we dominated the game. It wasn't enough, our final balls weren't good enough, but we were hardly found out were we.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I just don't know what our best team is. We lack a genuinely class CM. Buckley and Vicente when fit HAVE to play. So what do we do? One up front?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
West Ham sound like they were kept behind, when the presenters are talking ya can hear them chanting

brightonbusandy

Sep 27, 2011
Good performance
Bad result
Need to go forward quicker

Gus will take positives and negatives from the game, but all the negatives will be worked on im sure.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We were hardly found out tonight were we. We let in 1 goal from a bad mistake (nothing to do with stronger, fitter, faster) and from then we dominated the game. It wasn't enough, our final balls weren't good enough, but we were hardly found out were we.

West Ham just sat on their lead knowing we would never score if we played all night. Stronger and faster - yes, Bridcutt did not have the strength to hold on to the ball, or pace to recover. And he is one of our very best players in my book.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
We looked comfortable but so did they. We never looked like scoring really. There was also no link whatsoever between midfield and attack, needed someone in the hole and some movement it was so static at times.

West ham were more experienced, stronger and more clinical. We have more technically gifted players but sometimes you need more than just a bit of flair.

We looked like we were getting back to our style though, we lack a bit of confidence but the new additions will surely help both off and on the field.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
West Ham just sat on their lead knowing we would never score if we played all night. Stronger and faster - yes, Bridcutt did not have the strength to hold on to the ball, or pace to recover. And he is one of our very best players in my book.

Our best player. He had a rare shocker, i doubt he'll play that poorly ever again for us.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
One silly mistake otherwise we dominated but lacked the target man and never put Almunia under much pressure - when we really should have rolled the Hammers over. Until Gus recognises this Nooney will run defences ragged for little reward and CMS will remain isolated. Bridders can't be perfect every game and hopefully will learn from this one. Didn't see enough of Hoskins or Buckley on the ball. Sorry about Dicker. Rather worrying that we have such an unsettled side and no idea what our best team is.

Some positives:

1. Buckley & Hoskins getting some pitch time. They should start the next game.

2. Hopefully Reyes and Harper are a step forward. Reyes looked like a cert for red card early on but calmed down. Harper looked rusty for the goal but am pleased to see a keeper that comes for crosses or can punch the ball into Row Z when needed. His experience should give the back four more confidence.

3. I still see a role for Vicente. Our dead ball routines don't carry enough threat. We need his guile.

I still see us as solid mid table side and if Gus gets a grip then maybe build a run of results to carry us back towards the play offs.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
One silly mistake otherwise we dominated but lacked the target man and never put Almunia under much pressure - when we really should have rolled the Hammers over. Until Gus recognises this Nooney will run defences ragged for little reward and CMS will remain isolated. Bridders can't be perfect every game and hopefully will learn from this one. Didn't see enough of Hoskins or Buckley on the ball. Sorry about Dicker. Rather worrying that we have such an unsettled side and no idea what our best team is.

Some positives:

1. Buckley & Hoskins getting some pitch time. They should start the next game.

2. Hopefully Reyes and Harper are a step forward. Reyes looked like a cert for red card early on but calmed down. Harper looked rusty for the goal but am pleased to see a keeper that comes for crosses or can punch the ball into Row Z when needed. His experience should give the back four more confidence.

3. I still see a role for Vicente. Our dead ball routines don't carry enough threat. We need his guile.

I still see us as solid mid table side and if Gus gets a grip then maybe build a run of results to carry us back towards the play offs.

Absolutely spot-on.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
What did they actually achieve then? Pussy football, without the quality to pull it off. We will be rolling around the pitch after every tackle next! I would rather see a good old fashioned English style of play.

Then you probably need to find a good old fashioned English football team... Crewe? MK Dons? West Ham?

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Do you have anything good going on in your life or does it consist of hanging about on your rivals message board ?

Plenty of good things going on thanks, this is just one of them, used to enjoy banter with Albion fans on our boards but they seem to have vanished lately so I've come on here.

Oh and well done for posting without being abusive, I know it's hard after another defeat.

Will post again tomorrow, am off back to our own boards now, too many on here that didn't even go to the Amex tonight.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Birmingham up next......... Chris wood....... You know the rest........... Before we know it we could be in a relegation scrap. Its all good playing pretty football but we have no end product. All those corners and we didn't even come close to scoring on any of them. Maybe I'm in a minority but i'm worried where our season is going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here