Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton and Hove Albion vs West Ham Official match thread ****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton v West Ham

The Hammers' only away league win over Brighton was their first visit in October 1978, when they prevailed 2-1 in the old Second Division.

This was a defining match (or so we thought) on 28 October 2008 before a crowd of 32,634 and we fell to twelfth place. But in the final reckoning, we got promoted in second place and West Ham were 6 pts (2 for a win) behind in fifth place, without the play-offs. The points total of 56 pts has the equivalent of 79 this season.

Winning he home games is the trick, and this means 4-3-3. And on the current form this means Matt Sparrow or the new player.

Last edited:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Team for tonight (IMO)

Harper

Caldie
Greer
Dunk
Painter

Bridders
Reyes
Sparrow

Noone
Hoskins
CMS

Subs: Poke, Buckley, Vincelot, Barnes, Lua Lua

I don't think we'll see Harley tonight as Hammers are a very physical side and he might not be mentally right after the Millways game, also I think it's too soon to start Buckley. If we're chasing the game then send him on.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Team for tonight (IMO)

Harper

Caldie
Greer
Dunk
Painter

Bridders
Reyes
Sparrow

Noone
Hoskins
CMS

Subs: Poke, Buckley, Vincelot, Barnes, Lua Lua

I don't think we'll see Harley tonight as Hammers are a very physical side and he might not be mentally right after the Millways game, also I think it's too soon to start Buckley. If we're chasing the game then send him on.

Poke, my arse! :lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I will miss the game tonight as I am working in the US. Will be interested to see the team, not too many changes I hope (new keeper and new midfield player would seem enough), but I would love Vicente to be fit and be a suprise starter.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love Gus

Just seen him SSN

"It's going to be funny seeing one West Ham player on the pitch, who earns more than my whole 11" :laugh:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We have FBS flags!

Attachments

• IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Not at the game tonight so will be watching it on sky, probably means I'm automatically a plastic according to the Palace :(

Think we'll take 3 points tonight.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Not at the game tonight so will be watching it on sky, probably means I'm automatically a plastic according to the Palace :(

Think we'll take 3 points tonight.

Luxury, this is my only means of following the game. Let us know what Gus has to say in the build up.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What we need is our big players to all start playing well together- Calde to start roaming down the wing again, Greer back to his assured best, Bridders all over the place, Noone devastating, CMS clinical. Once this starts to happen we can beat anyone. Esp. given that makes no mention of KLL, Buckley, Reyes, Harper OR Vicente.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here