Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Brighton And Hove Albion vs Paris Saint-Germain Offical Match Thread ****

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Brighton-PSG: 0-1 (0-1)

Faced with the English club Brighton PSG grip his first victory in the warm-up matches with a goal of Nene (28th).

Once is not custom, Antoine Kombouare has missed two teams like the coach did in Paris since the beginning of the preparation. At kickoff, Shower, Jallet, Camara, Armand who replaced injured during the warm up, Sakho, well, Nene, Bodmer, Chantôme, Erding, Hoarau and Gameiro are incumbents. The Red and Blue are also the first to highlight. Nene prominent in the first act is in all the right moves. The Brazilian is the first that does not Bodmer (8th) and then seeing his shot Hoarau country (14th). The first period has begun, the coach of Brighton was even invited by the referee to join the forums after many protests (26th).

PSG logically opens the score. The English goalkeeper clearance rate that seems easy. Kevin Gameiro recovered and back to center Nene who scored the first goal of the game (0-1, 28th). After the opening goal, the tension is more palpable in the field and opportunities are scarce. The two teams then return to the locker room on this score in favor of the Parisians. For the second act, Jeremy Clement from the place of Mathieu Bodmer. This change does not alter the intentions that Paris offered the first opportunity of the second period. Mevlut Erding launches perfectly Kevin Gameiro deep but the striker saw his effort diverted Paris in extremis by Ankergren (49th). Possession of ball is English and the Parisians struggling a bit to show dangerous. Nene free kick can not find the part (59th) and then Christophe Jallet is taking its chance of success without (74th).

The English are Nicolas shower contribution late in the game. The porter Paris needed a first time before Noone (69th) and then twice before Mackail-Smith (76th and 85th). PSG loop so the internship a success in Portugal, the first in the warm-up matches. The Red and Blue resume the path from training center Saturday to continue with a view to preparing the resumption of the Championship, on August 6 against Lorient.

Brighton-PSG : 0-1 (0-1) - Analyse de match - Saison - PSG.fr

If only all match reports were like this! The season would fly by!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Antoine Kombouare, Siaka Tiene and Christophe Jallet return to PSG's victory against Brighton (1-0).

Antoine Kombouare (PSG coach):
"We are to accumulate game time and a team is taking shape. They played a game almost in its entirety and the goal was to create automations. Physically, it was a challenging game but it is, it is within the scope of the preparation. I wanted to give time to those concerned. In this course we worked well physically at the matches, we would like to see a little more but we go on working sessions. There were two drives in the program Tuesday, a muscular awakening Wednesday morning. Those who have played have done many races in a tough match with a lot of commitment from the British. "

Siaka Tiene (PSG defender):
"It was a good match with the image of our preparation. It went well, regardless of the outcome, the important thing was to feel good physically. We can be proud of our performance. We must continue our preparation and especially the momentum to continue working. "

Christophe Jallet (PSG defender):
"This first victory was hard won. This time we managed not to take aim and to mark a. We are pleased with this meeting because we had to find automation. It was not always easy with the commitment of the opposing team but we created the game's record is positive training team is getting stronger and that was the goal to reach our highest level in two weeks . "

A.Kombouaré : « Une équipe se dessine » - Article - Article - PSG.fr

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sorry to say the Hastings Division of B&HA Moggies (Tink) was out watching a different type of seagulls for the entire match tonight and has to hang her head in shame due to the 0-1 scoreline. Words will be had! But so will treats as does sound as if was more a Casper error than anything else that cost us against a top team.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I love Gus, great comment from him re. the clash after the whistle.

"I was talking to the referee again, trying to explain what I had said to him earlier, then Nene came over and pulled Tano. When you are Brazilian and you are next to an Agrentinian and a Uruguyan you don't do that."

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I love Gus, great comment from him re. the clash after the whistle.

"I was talking to the referee again, trying to explain what I had said to him earlier, then Nene came over and pulled Tano. When you are Brazilian and you are next to an Agrentinian and a Uruguyan you don't do that."

brilliant !

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
"PSG logically opens the score" :lolol:

So what happened after the game then? Handbags?

Anyone who went got any player ratings? How did Bergkamp/CMS look?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good performance generally but Noone promised alot and produced little, not sure about Bergkamp but he is certainly better than Holroyd was. CMS needs a goal. My one beef, and it would be me without one is, why couldn't the club or Albufeira have produced a sheet with players numbers and names for the game or the club have produced 1 sheet with ours and the other 3 teams squad numbers and names on. What would a sheet printed or photocopied 500 times have cost, next to nothing. There are many people who want to know the names of players eg the best player on the field was PSG No 3 a very big central defender but fast enough that none of our team could out run him, mind you Lua Lua wasn't playing but none the less he was good and I would like to have known his name.

Last edited:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
To put into perspective how big PSG are, I just saw this on BBc website.

0937: FOOTBALL - Paris Saint-Germain sign Argentine international playmaker Javier Pastore from Palermo for £38m, Italian news agency ANSA report .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here