Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Millwall ****Official Match Thread****

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Worried by Lualua's injury, hope its not too serious. We're seriously short of attackers.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Hoped to get a little more traction after the second yellow on Dunne... Did Millwall just go tortoise at that point? Shots and especially possession pretty lop-sided.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sounds like we were gash for an hour yet still might have scored four. A.very disappointing result though, even though it might have been worse.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Reading then QPR on the road lie ahead 4 days apart. We can really lay an early marker if we can take care of these 2. Big 'IF' obviously.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Given the extent of our current injuries the next couple of days in the transfer market (and the subsequent loan window) will probably now determine how our season unfolds.

Hopefully we will see some decent signings like last year. Failing that we will have to be a bit more patient. Lets hope we have some discrete negotiations already going on behind the scenes, so we aren't held to ransom on Monday night.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The whole notion of Portsmouth playing Chesterfield in anything apart from a cup match is risible all by itself...but losing to them, at home, in the league?

As Yogi is said to have said "Who'd a thunk it?"

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was surprised that KLL didn't come on at half time as they were closing us down too easily. CMS would have been useful today if he'd been fit, to pull them about.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
according to og lua lua not fit to play much longer than he did, break at nice time to clear up some niggles

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
1-1 was about all we deserved after sleepwalking for an hour against a poor Millwall side. The stats make grim reading; Albion 65% possession, 14 shots, 2 on target. Must try smarter.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I reckon a frustrating 1-1 draw.

Team;
Kuszcak
Calderon Greer Upson Ward
Andrews Ince Crofts
Buckley Brezovan Dave​

Buckley and Dave playing close to Brez for the inevitable knock downs. :thumbsup:

(Announced) attendance; 26,977
(Real) attendance; 25,359

:clap:

Damn good effort from the Elephant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Took their goal to get Albion to play.

I hope in the transfer window we buy, or get on loan in September, some centre midfield creative spark to the team and more attacking pace too.

Lopez and Buckley at present are a poor shadow of the past form and abilities. Can only improve.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
One of those games where the players didn't mesh together , lots of stray passes and only started to make an effort with half an hour remaining.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Took their goal to get Albion to play.

I hope in the transfer window we buy, or get on loan in September, some centre midfield creative spark to the team and more attacking pace too.

Lopez and Buckley at present are a poor shadow of the past form and abilities. Can only improve.

A concern for me. On the positive, Lopez has barely had any pre season and was a slow starter last year before coming good. Buckley? He appears to be struggling with his match fitness still. He looks jaded at times compared to when we have seen him at his best. I don't like him starting on the left side either. Always looks so less effective than on his natural right side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Millwall were awful and brought us down to their level. What we have got to expect at home is that every club will put 11 men behind the ball and hope to not concede a goal and thus gain a point and perhaps even get a goal on the break and get all 3 points. We have got to learn very quickly how to overcome this tactic which is a thing we failed to do last season and cost us automatic promotion.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
1-1 was about all we deserved after sleepwalking for an hour against a poor Millwall side. The stats make grim reading; Albion 65% possession, 14 shots, 2 on target. Must try smarter.

I didn't think we deserved more than a draw either. That first hour very little of our possession was in the attacking third of the pitch, in truth until Lua Lua came on the game was a snooze fest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here