Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton And Hove Albion Vs Bolton Wanderers ****Official Match Thread****

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
With Bridders, Orlandi, Ulloa, JFC, Andrews, Kemy and CMS not available, this was a very good result. A fully fit squad and things are looking very good for the future.
Hats of to our defence, especially in the last few games.
Even though Bruno is fit, Calde should keep his place, he's been great.
The monkey of not winning from behind since the opening game of 2011, is now dumped as well.
Well happy.

It's bloody exciting to think once we have a fully fit squad, how good we could be. Emphasis on could, of course. OG's got a tough starting line up to choose from when they all return.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Great game, great win and great manager. First time I've actually met OG and he was a gentleman after the game. My son was well chuffed...
egazu6uq.jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Great game, great win and great manager. First time I've actually met OG and he was a gentleman after the game. My son was well chuffed...
egazu6uq.jpg

Good stuff, my lad met Ince, Upson, Crofts and Buckley in the North today. All took time to chat to him and sign autographs.

Funniest moment was when an over zealous steward wouldn't let Ince out of the North with his MOM Champers bottle. :facepalm: :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Speaking to one of my sons who sits in a different part of the ground to me he thought that Barnes should have either got a penalty or a yellow card for diving but he didn't realize that the lino had already flagged for offside, so neither could have happened

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Interesting view from a Bolton fan at the game. :facepalm:

Brighton were poor, Literally the most cutting edge I seen all game was the ref's through ball. Whoever it was on your left wing, Lua Lua I believe...awful! He can't kick the ball.

I have watched more of Andrews and Spearing, Spearing is 50x the player Keith Andrews is, admittedly not playing great at the minute, but Andrews was awful for us, week in, week out, for a long time.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Its strange how someone sees things so differently. Maybe its due to their emotions at the time and a more resoned response would be given later.

Brighton were poor, Literally the most cutting edge I seen all game was the ref's through ball. Whoever it was on your left wing, Lua Lua I believe...awful! He can't kick the ball.

I have watched more of Andrews and Spearing, Spearing is 50x the player Keith Andrews is, admittedly not playing great at the minute, but Andrews was awful for us, week in, week out, for a long time.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

whats he been drinking or taking hes talking rubbish and he hasnt got a clue

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

He must have missed spearing lunge into ward and then heading into his own net to set up the biggest collapse I've witnessed in 20 years of watching Brighton.

Cheers jay.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sour grapes from Bolton and very blinkered as to their teams shortcomings. OK we were very average first half but they had a lead and failed to preserve it, let alone hold on for a draw. Whereas we raised our game and took all three points. The difference in attitude and commitment from the two sides explains why they are bottom of the Championship. Bizarre how a team that finished so strongly last season could be so abjectly poor this.

That might also explain why Andrews has been an excellent loan signing for us, he feels energised by Oscar Garcia and what is going on at The Amex.

We haven't played consistently anywhere near our best but hardly surprising given the disruption over the summer but it is very clear that we are steadily improving under Oscar and despite a lengthy injury list. We are still grinding out results at places like Reading and QPR. What is Bolton's excuse? OK Freedman has shown that he can resurrect Palace but can he do it again, based on Saturdays performance it looks a long way back for Bolton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here